DCS resets the vR view center every time a mission starts or when I spawn - solved

darkman222

I have no idea if I just didnt notice before, or if it was intruduced at some point, that DCS just resets the vR center (front position) every time a mission starts, or when I spawn in a new aircraft.

Is there a way making DCS just remember when I set it manually via hotkey and sticking to it? Until I press the vR center hotkey again. I cant find such an option in the menu. This is especially annoying on MP dogfight servers, where you keep spawning and spawning over and over again.

Edited by darkman222

16 minutes ago, darkman222 said:

I have no idea if I just didnt notice before, or if it was intruduced at some point, that DCS just resets the vR center (front position) every time a mission starts, or when I spawn in a new aircraft.

Is there a way making DCS just remember when I set it manually via hotkey and sticking to it? Until I press the vR center hotkey again. I cant find such an option in the menu. This is especially annoying on MP dogfight servers, where you keep spawning and spawning over and over again.

Have you tried:

Move View Left: Rshift+Rctrl+Num4

Move View Right: Rshift+Rctrl+Num6

Move View Up: Rshift+Rctrl+Num8

Move View Down: Rshift+Rctrl+Num2

Move View Backward Rshift+Rctrl+Num/

Move View Forward: Rshift+Rctrl+Num*

Save Position: Ralt+Num0

Okay, the reason for that is incredibly stupid. First I had reset vR center mapped to a Hotas button that was a switch that would stay in the selected position. So I had to turn it on and off. But then I set it to a button on another controller that can be pressed and released. But I forgot to unassign it from the switch on the previous but still in use controller. As I have "sync cockpit controls to Hotas" in my setup it would reset at mission start. Some day I must have flipped it in the "reset VR" position and left it there.  So I just un-assigned it from the old switch which was synced every mission start.

Edited by darkman222

• darkman222 changed the title to DCS resets the vR view center every time a mission starts or when I spawn - solved