F-16 Viper Countermeasurs Help

master_bebe

This will tell you everything you need to know.

If these steps don't work then you haven't started up the jet properly.

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

So confirm in a HOT jet that is spawned either flying or started you still don't have an ON indication? or only when starting yourself?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

31 minutes ago, Deano87 said:

So confirm in a HOT jet that is spawned either flying or started you still don't have an ON indication? or only when starting yourself?

yep.

I've tried several missions, if it's a cold start, the "ON" won't show once i turn on the CMDS (in the proper startup order, if it even affects it in any way) nor in missions where i start in the air (in training missions)

regardless of the "ON" not being there can you deploy countermeasures with CMS forward in a hot jet?

Sounds like the missing ON may be a graphics glitch. But I'm trying to determine if the system is actually working or not.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

Just now, Deano87 said:

regardless of the "ON" not being there can you deploy countermeasures with CMS forward in a hot jet?

unfortunately no.

the "chaff/flare dispense button" sometimes releases 40X chaffs and flares (in pairs- 2X of each) ....

5 minutes ago, Deano87 said:

wait, it works. but only if i start in midair

10 minutes ago, master_bebe said:

wait, it works. but only if i start in midair

And the “ON” light isn’t lit. Correct?

Proud owner of:

Ok do you know the DCS Folder within your “Saved Games” directory in your user files?

Go into there and delete the fxo and metashaders 1 or 2 folders, these are cache folders which will be regenerated on the next DCS start.

---- ADDED FOR CLARITY ----

image.jpeg

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

the "GO" light doesn't work at the moment. It has in the past, which is why you see it in some old videos. I asked around in a squadron I was a part of, and they asked someone at Eagle Dynamics and they said it currently doesnt work.

for those that haven't seen it, its in that little green strip at the top of the CMDS panel. In old videos you can see GO  lit in it. I wondered myself after watching a GR video why they had it and I didn't.

Edited by taco3rd

Well there you go lol

To be fair I'd never checked lol.

Proud owner of:

" you are correct, the GO flag also does not show for me, normally the GO flag should appear after placing the PRGM knob into BIT, and you could look into the BIT page in the MFD, but the page is not yet implemented, therefore i suppose the developers set the GO flag in preparation to implementation of the BIT as: if BIT is passed successfully - > set GO or something similar, as there is no BIT implemented , there is no test to pass, therefore the GO flag doesn't illuminate,

My Guess is, because the GR video is quite old, there may have been some changes in the GO - Flag logic between our current build and their build they used in the video.

As i said, the go flag should light up once the BIT is passed, but it doesn't show for me, so it is safe to say that you shouldn't worry, it's a Work in Progress after all 
[12:10 AM]
on another note , showing that the f-16 is nowhere near completion is that the flcs still does not go into aerobraking mode, meaning you have to constantly pull to maintain 13° aoa, which is not true, in the thing you should just have to pull to 13° aoa and then be able to take your hand off the stick and it should maintain that aoa by itself.
+ antiskid not implemented, cmds semi,auto not yet implemented, BIT pages, TFR, HUD RDR Alt bracket mode missing, so there is still so many things to do in the Viper"

This was the reply. 

They sould post about aerobrake mode here in the forum, I hadn't heard about that. 

Proud owner of:

Make sure your hotas buttons are bound properly and you're actually using the CMS. I know I have to personally hit a modifier button to get to the CMS commands. In default mode, that hat is programmed to TMS until I hit the modifier.

Edited by taco3rd