CMDS changes?

RyboPops

I recently read that back in October there was some discussion of pending changes to the CMDS system, particularly how the CMS switch worked. A discrepancy between the A-10C II manual and how the switch currently works still exists, so I was just hoping for some sort of follow up on what we can expect for this system in the near future and, if at all possible, a timeline for its expected implementation.

The main reason I ask is I'm working on a mod that (hopefully) integrates the High Digit SAMs mod into the A-10C II RWR, CMSC, and dispensers, but I'd rather hold off if files will be changing in the near future. Cheers!

• 4 weeks later...

The manual for the A-10C II has always shown what was now implemented (meaning the manual was actually wrong before this patch).

Take any A-10C II Tank Killer manual (downloaded or from your installation dir) and check the table HOTAS Commands - Stick for the CMS switch. 👍 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Yurgon said:

The manual for the A-10C II has always shown what was now implemented (meaning the manual was actually wrong before this patch).

Take any A-10C II Tank Killer manual (downloaded or from your installation dir) and check the table HOTAS Commands - Stick for the CMS switch. 👍 

Yeah, the A-10C II manual is now describing how it actually works ingame. Instead the manual of the old A-10C is now incorrect, as the new CMS functionality was also applied to the old A-10C, but the manual is still describing the old functionality :dunno:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Something is messed up with it though. According to the manual when you do the CMS Forward Long, it should dispense using the current program selected. I changed the left and right to select the program using the rotary but the dispense isn't working for me as described in the manual. I tried switching the assignments from forward/aft to left/right and it doesn't work that way either.

Edited by 75th-VFS-Striker

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

ASUS ROG Rampage IV Extreme MB

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

21 minutes ago, 75th-VFS-Striker said:

According to the manual when you do the CMS Forward Long, it should dispense using the current program selected.

Where'd you get that manual?

Mine says CMS Forward Long and CMS Aft Long are Next Program and Previous Program, respectively.

Activate/Deactivate Program is CMS Depress Short instead.

As far as I'm aware, that's how it's been listed in the manual since the A-10C II was released (but I didn't exactly memorize the table, so I'm not 100% sure here).

OK, I misread that term "cycled" to be that it was starting the program cycle and I get how the system works now.

Pg416:
Activate a Program
Each program (PROG) is assigned a letter (A - Z) and they can be cycled by either pressing the CMS
switch Forward or Aft Long (>0.5 seconds), or by pressing the NXT button on the CMSP. The selected
program is also displayed on the CMSC below the HUD.
When in MAN or SEMI modes, depress the CMS switch Z-axis to start the program. Depress the
switch again to cease the program. You can also easily activate the following quick-access programs:
CMS Right Short 6 chaff
CMS Aft Short 1 chaff
CMS Left Short 6 flares
CMS Forward Short 1 flare
If in AUTO mode, you do not have direct control of the program selection or activation.

Edited by 75th-VFS-Striker

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 hours ago, NightMan said:

The HOTAS CMD Left/Right, which used to change the program in the CMD, now starts dispensing flares and chaffs like crazy.

Is this a bug?

Depress short on the CMS and it will dispense the chosen program. Otherwise:

5 hours ago, 75th-VFS-Striker said:

CMS Right Short 6 chaff

CMS Aft Short 1 chaff
CMS Left Short 6 flares
CMS Forward Short 1 flare

Hey Taz, I get what you're saying but what I did was to change the left and right to use the CMPS up and down rotary and then left the forward and aft alone. Now in manual when I push the switch down short, which used to be the JMR switch (jammer is now down long), it does the manual programs that I want. So it's a little more cumbersome in my humble opinion but there is a work around to make it more like I prefer it anyhow. You can also reassign the left/right to for/aft if you want to. The default left/right spits out 6 chaff and flare and the for/aft does one each but you can always switch them if you want more chaff and flare as a quick press. Anyhow, that's my solution and I'm back in biz.

Nvidia GTX-1080

Intel i7-4820K 3.7 Ghz

32 GB Memory

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

18 hours ago, Yurgon said:

Thanks. It indeed seems to work as described in the manual. It does require some getting used to though.