Use of Effects static objects on ships

AG-51_Razor

I think that it would be very useful to allow the mission builder to place the smoke and/or fire effects on an AI ship, which is under way, to simulate damage that has been inflicted. Would this be possible for ED to accomplish without too much trouble?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Absolutely!, You can do it at the moment; but only on ships that are stationary, as trigger zones don't actually 'attach' to units (even when using moving zones), so the fire will always be where the trigger zone was placed in the editor.

Personally it would be better if the current smoke effects were replaced with the ones from the triggered smoke effects, they're much better IMO.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Unfortunately, it is ships that are moving (under way) that I would like to put the smoke effect on. I even tried to use a moving zone with the triggered smoke and it would not stay on the ship. It is just left floating in the water like the smoke effect is. In my opinion, the smoke effect would be better because it does not go out in 5 minutes after it is spawned.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 minutes ago, AG-51_Razor said:

Unfortunately, it is ships that are moving (under way) that I would like to put the smoke effect on. I even tried to use a moving zone with the triggered smoke and it would not stay on the ship. It is just left floating in the water like the smoke effect is. In my opinion, the smoke effect would be better because it does not go out in 5 minutes after it is spawned.

Absolutely with you. Personally, I think ED should just replace the current outdated ones with those effects - they look much better.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.