Use of Effects static objects on ships

I think that it would be very useful to allow the mission builder to place the smoke and/or fire effects on an AI ship, which is under way, to simulate damage that has been inflicted. Would this be possible for ED to accomplish without too much trouble?

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Absolutely!, You can do it at the moment; but only on ships that are stationary, as trigger zones don't actually 'attach' to units (even when using moving zones), so the fire will always be where the trigger zone was placed in the editor.

Personally it would be better if the current smoke effects were replaced with the ones from the triggered smoke effects, they're much better IMO.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

Unfortunately, it is ships that are moving (under way) that I would like to put the smoke effect on. I even tried to use a moving zone with the triggered smoke and it would not stay on the ship. It is just left floating in the water like the smoke effect is. In my opinion, the smoke effect would be better because it does not go out in 5 minutes after it is spawned.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

6 minutes ago, AG-51_Razor said:

Unfortunately, it is ships that are moving (under way) that I would like to put the smoke effect on. I even tried to use a moving zone with the triggered smoke and it would not stay on the ship. It is just left floating in the water like the smoke effect is. In my opinion, the smoke effect would be better because it does not go out in 5 minutes after it is spawned.

Absolutely with you. Personally, I think ED should just replace the current outdated ones with those effects - they look much better.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD