open beta and stable version: copy already downloaded updates

gulredrel

Hello,

last year I built a new PC and put my SSD containing DSC open beta and DCS stable in there as a separate drive.

Started both versions of the game and the saved games folders were created. I put the plane input profiles back, changed controller IDs and everything related. All great.

I also did a repair calling the updater exe within the bin folder. Everything works as expected except of one thing.

Updates applied to open beta do not transfer to stable, once the stable version get's the update. On the old PC I regularly updated open Beta and once stable update came out, the stable updater copied the relevant files from the open beta version.

In the new PC, this doesn't work anymore. I guess it's because of the the registry keys missing? Or is the a config file, where I can point my stable installation to the open beta? I rarely use open beta cause I'm almost exlusively flying SP offline, so maybe I could delete it.

Thanks

Jens

Hello, you have to create this file "dcs_local_source.txt" into stable folder.

Inside this file you put the install path of the Open Beta.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Yes sir, no quotes or anything.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits