Can’t find the key binding for auto pilot

I wanted to engage the autopilot yesterday but I could not remember which button to use. The manual shows the pinky button, but going into controls I can’t find the function, I went through the whole list, searched for autopilot. But no luck.

what am I missing?

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

It's called "HOTAS Left Throttle Button" within the Options Panel.

• Like 1

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Ok that is the name of the pinky button right? I am sorry if I was not clear. I am trying to find the autopilot function to bind the HOTAS Left Throttle button to.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

screenshot_ltb.png

Just assign JOY_BTN15 to HOTAS Left Throttle Button.

A-10A, A-10C, A-10C II, AV-8B, F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-86F, Yak-52, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier, Combined Arms, FW 190 A-8, FW 190 D-9, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Normandy + WWII Assets Pack

Thanks Norbot! Sorry I did not understood your advice.

No problem.:smile: Does the autopilot work now as expected?

I have to check tonight, I am working again after a nice long holiday break.  Although I can see my flightsim setup right next to me I have to be strong and wait 😀

There is a binding named "LAAP Engage/Disengage" (category "LASTE Control Panel"). That's the one you should use.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

19 minutes ago, LeCuvier said:

There is a binding named "LAAP Engage/Disengage" (category "LASTE Control Panel"). That's the one you should use.

Thank you, do they both work?

I just tried, and to my surprise it's YES. The TM Warthog Throttle has a button labelled "AUTOPILOT ENGAGE/DISENGAGE" on the LASTE panel. I have always used that button, since the original A-10C became available. And I never realized that the left throttle button does the same thing. I don't know why they put the same command on two different bindings.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

They have two buttons with the same function because of the HOTAS (hands on throttle and stick) concept. The most important switches are on the throttle and stick, so you can keep your hands on them almost all the time. If you're using the LASTE panel, you have to take your hands off the throttle. That's not exactly an advantage during combat or high workload (e.g. landing on a carrier).

Edited by norbot

I get it Norbot, being flying for many years but I had not flown the A-10 for a long time. I remembered using autopilot in the past so I was looking for the keybinding as I changed sticks in the last year. I think the A-10 is one of the most HOTAS heavy planes.