VTJS17_Fire

only AI, non-flyable

- SH-60 Seahawk (high-poly version)

- A-6E

- EA-6B

- A-7E

- C-2A Greyhound

- B-2

- KC-10 Extender (we had a low-poly version back then in FC)

- US submarines (hunter and strategical) ... I know, that DCS World isn't compatible with submarine warfare yet (I read it here somewhere), but as strategical assets would be nice

• Like 3

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

2 hours ago, VTJG17_Fire said:

only AI, non-flyable

Presumably coming sometime in the future (no news on it or the S-3B either).

- A-6E

In development by Heatblur (and hope to module as well).

- EA-6B

+1 (don't think Heatblur are going to do one), though I will say that with the state of EW (in basically all areas, not just jamming) leaves a fair bit to be desired, though there's a feasibility problem.

- A-7E

Coming as a module by FlyingIron.

- C-2A Greyhound

+1

- B-2

+1, though I'd prioritise a graphical update to the F-117A first.

+1

- US submarines (hunter and strategical) ... I know, that DCS World isn't compatible with submarine warfare yet (I read it here somewhere), but as strategical assets would be nice

DCS World has had transparent water since 2.5 hit, and more recently has an actual underwater similar to SH3 (but better colours), a number of maps do have at least semi-accurate depth maps, though some do not (Caucasus is probably the worst offender). Unfortunately though you can't take the camera below the surface if the water, and there's no underwater clutter.

There also isn't underwater effects modelling (including sounds), no SONAR, and torpedoes are currently WWII style gyroangle torpedoes that run at a fixed depth. 

ASW largely doesn't exist, though ASW torpedo tubes on the Arleigh-Burke and a couple of others are at least animated.

Submarines themselves are in their absolute infancy, their dynamics aren't their yet, neither are their sensors (past the basics anyway). There is a Project 636.3 Improved Kilo in the Modelviewer that's completely animated and done to basically perfection (minus damage modelling).

But for the Marianas map, Naval Base Guam bases 4 Los Angeles-class SSNs; 2 Flt. IIs and 2 Flt. IIIs, as well as an Emory S. Land-class submarine tender. If we could get the Los Angeles-class SSNs (preferably all 3 flights) that would be fantastic, as we would have a comprehensive set spanning the late 70s to present.

With the weapons, we could do the UGM-84D (recycling the model from the Hornet but fitting it with folding wings/control surfaces, a booster and a capsule), as well as the UGM-109C, D, E and B.

Edited by Northstar98
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Good to know, but I like it vanilla.

• Like 3

Hardware: Intel i5 4670K | Zalman NPS9900MAX | GeIL 16GB @1333MHz | Asrock Z97 Pro4 | Sapphire Radeon R9 380X Nitro | Samsung SSDs 840 series 120GB & 250 GB | Samsung HD204UI 2TB | be quiet! Pure Power 530W | Aerocool RS-9 Devil Red | Samsung SyncMaster SA350 24" + ASUS VE198S 19" | Saitek X52 | TrackIR 5 | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Speedlink Darksky LED | Razor Diamondback | Razor X-Mat Control | SoundBlaster Tactic 3D Rage ### Software: Windows 10 Pro 64Bit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

+1 

Want me vanilla

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Reverb G2| Custom Simpit- A variety of grips (TM/Virpil) on floor mounted TM Base, WinWing Super Tauris Throttles, Virpil Collective, TM Pedals, TM MFDs

Paid Module Wishlist: AH-64A, T-38, B-1B, U-2, MH-60 Pavehawk, A-10A

Map Wishlist: NAS Oceana (w/Norfolk and Expansive Ocean), Korea (Modern), Cuba, Columbia

Ai Wishlist: Ships, SOF infantry, SOF Vehicles, AH/MH-6, P8, 

On 1/7/2021 at 5:41 AM, jojyrocks said:

But first! We need to update/refurbish our REMAINING AI 3D models like the AI 3D models; Su-30, Tu-95, B1B, C-17, SH-60, S-3 Viking etc etc...and several more before we proceed to add in NEW AI MODELS.

Not in my opinion. There are old, low-poly models, yes. But they are already in DCS. They don't look nice, but you can place them and they fly. How often are you so close, that you can watch them for the details. So, I'm for new models first, togive mission designers more possibilities.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

12 hours ago, VTJG17_Fire said:

Not in my opinion. There are old, low-poly models, yes. But they are already in DCS. They don't look nice, but you can place them and they fly. How often are you so close, that you can watch them for the details. So, I'm for new models first, togive mission designers more possibilities.

Because these assets are increasingly getting left further and further behind in the face of new assets - it would be better to get everything up to a common standard instead of mixture of assets, some being outdated, and some up to modern standards.

As for how often are you so close? You'd be surprised, you'll absolutely see them when taxiing past them, or if you do close formation work, or if you're just inspecting the battle with the F2 camera - something you'll also use if you're trying to make a cinematic, in the case of the latter it really is prohibitive.

A decent chunk of your wishlist is already WIP.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 1/7/2021 at 4:41 AM, jojyrocks said:

But first! We need to update/refurbish our REMAINING AI 3D models like the AI 3D models; Su-30, Tu-95, B1B, C-17, SH-60, S-3 Viking etc etc...and several more before we proceed to add in NEW AI MODELS.

AI Units

New and Updated assets

Because DCS World is built on a project spanning almost two decades, some units now show their age and will be updated throughout the year. It is also important that we add new units to better fill the battlefields. Here are some of the items that we intend to create or update in 2021:

Large Aircraft: B-52H, Tu-95MS, Tu-142, B-1B, IL-38, and Tu-160

Carrier Aircraft: S-3B and SH-60B

Ground Units: M1A2, AMX-56 Leclerc, Wespe Sd.Kfz.124, KS-19 100mm ADA, Son-4 “Flap Wheel” radar, C1 Ariete, Pantsir SA-22 “Greyhound”, and S-300/SA-10 “Grumble”.

On 1/4/2021 at 9:27 AM, VTJG17_Fire said:

only AI, non-flyable

- A-6E

- EA-6B

- A-7E

- C-2A Greyhound

- B-2

- US submarines (hunter and strategical) ... 

only US aircraft? ... dont we have enough of them already? ... I’d like to see more european aircrafts (only AI)

Saab Gripen (I know, I know, there is a User Mod)

Avro Vulcan

Canberra (not the US version)

Tu-16 Badger

Su-15 Flagon

Hawker Hunter (any version)

Dassault Mystere

Dassault Mirage 4

Sepecat Jaguar

Mig-17

B-47 (only US aircraft on this set)

• Like 4

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

8 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

only US aircraft? ... dont we have enough of them already? ... I’d like to see more european aircrafts (only AI)

Avro Vulcan

Tu-16 Badger

Su-15 Flagon

Dassault Mystere

Dassault Mirage 4

Sepecat Jaguar

Mig-17

Of course other aircrafts as well. I was just new into the Hornet, as I wrote this list. So, apart from the B-2 and KC-10 (which was in LOMAC long time ago), I just wrote down a list for US naval/carrier aircraft. I'm not very into British aircraft. Also not in the French ones. A double seater Mirage would be nice but all those 60s to 80s (in the US inventory, too) are not on my personal list.

If you ask for European Ai aircraft, so yes ... would be nice to have the Transall and the A-400M and yes, the Saab did build nice aircraft, as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

12 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

Avro Vulcan

Tu-16 Badger

Su-15 Flagon

Dassault Mystere

Dassault Mirage 4

Sepecat Jaguar

Mig-17

+1

And in addition:

BAE Nimrod

Vickers VC-10

Harrier GR3

Blackburn Buccaneer

Westland choppers (Lynx and Seaking!)

Dassault Super-Étendard

Dassault Mirage F1

Saab Draken (I know, it should be coming :))

Fokker F-27

C-160 Transal

CN-235

Agusta choppers (A109, A129)

I know... But hey... It's the wishlist!

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

23 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Dassault Mirage F1

Saab Draken (I know, it should be coming :))

The F1 is also coming, by Aviodev, and not just AI 👍

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 hours ago, Rudel_chw said:

The F1 is also coming, by Aviodev, and not just AI 👍

In a comprehensive set of variants too! Even if Spanish specific. That module really excites me.

System:

On 1/6/2021 at 9:41 PM, jojyrocks said:

^A big +1 for that.^

Although I have been lobbying for an He-111 addition to the WWll assets pack.

We really could use them for the Normandy and Channel maps.

If we could just squeeze that one in, please.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

• 5 weeks later...

Anything required to make realistic 1960ish missions:

B-52B, B-47, B-58, KC-135A

all British Planes of the era, Lightning, V-Bombers, Scimitar, Vixen, Transports like Blackburn Beverley etc., a carrier too like HMS ArkRoyal R09 or a Clossus-class (though I guess that'll come with the Falklands map) 

• Like 1

On 1/4/2021 at 8:34 AM, Northstar98 said:

DCS World has had transparent water since 2.5 hit, and more recently has an actual underwater similar to SH3 (but better colours), a number of maps do have at least semi-accurate depth maps, though some do not (Caucasus is probably the worst offender). Unfortunately though you can't take the camera below the surface if the water, and there's no underwater clutter.

There also isn't underwater effects modelling (including sounds), no SONAR, and torpedoes are currently WWII style gyroangle torpedoes that run at a fixed depth. 

ASW largely doesn't exist, though ASW torpedo tubes on the Arleigh-Burke and a couple of others are at least animated.

Submarines themselves are in their absolute infancy, their dynamics aren't their yet, neither are their sensors (past the basics anyway). There is a Project 636.3 Improved Kilo in the Modelviewer that's completely animated and done to basically perfection (minus damage modelling).

But for the Marianas map, Naval Base Guam bases 4 Los Angeles-class SSNs; 2 Flt. IIs and 2 Flt. IIIs, as well as an Emory S. Land-class submarine tender. If we could get the Los Angeles-class SSNs (preferably all 3 flights) that would be fantastic, as we would have a comprehensive set spanning the late 70s to present.

With the weapons, we could do the UGM-84D (recycling the model from the Hornet but fitting it with folding wings/control surfaces, a booster and a capsule), as well as the UGM-109C, D, E and B.

The lack of development of the DCS underwater world is one of the reasons I would like DCS :Fleet ops or a dedicated submarine module As Naval warfare would then have to be developed in depth and Eagle would be able to cover the costs