Looking Around Without USing Keyboard

Hello,

I hope someone can help me with this. I have started playing around with DCS after a long layoff and have uncovered a bit of a problem. When using both the internal f1 and external f2 views with the Spitfire selected, I find that I have no control in either view with the HAT botton on top of my joystick. I have to use the Num keys on the right of the keyboard with requires multiple taps to move the view to any extent. I also have the P-51D and the P-47D installed and working, and both views in both aircraft are controllable using the HAT button. I don't remember having had to set this up myself after the install but perhaps I have forgotten. Can somebody tell me how to set this up? Thanks.

NavyAce

Here's a bit more information. I just checked the controls settings of my P-51D and P-47D (where the HAT button is working) against the SPit IX (which is not) and found that in all three cases the View Down L/R Slow and Down Slow, ViewL/R Slow and Up L/R Slow and Up Slow are all identically assigned to the HAT button but those in the Spit are not functioning. Should I delete these assignments and try to reassign? I also found out that I can move around in the external view using the mouse, but this does not work for the internal view.

19 hours ago, NavyAce said:

Here's a bit more information. I just checked the controls settings of my P-51D and P-47D (where the HAT button is working) against the SPit IX (which is not) and found that in all three cases the View Down L/R Slow and Down Slow, ViewL/R Slow and Up L/R Slow and Up Slow are all identically assigned to the HAT button but those in the Spit are not functioning. Should I delete these assignments and try to reassign? I also found out that I can move around in the external view using the mouse, but this does not work for the internal view.

You might also try to temporarily remove/rename Spit-related sub-folder from \Config\Input folder in Saved Games location, let the game rebuild the fresh new one (with stock assignments) and see how the hat works then. I don't use this switch, so can't advise.

The mouse look should definitely work, though (after double clicking to switch from "clickable" mode to "view" mode, of course).

Edited by Art-J

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Hi Art,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll look into your suggestions. Did you see my other post in the 2.5 bugs and problems subheading about needing new directions? Perhaps you could advise me on this also. Thanks again

Looks like It will take quite a bit of time to digest and process that other post of yours, and I won't be able to do it now (it's bed time where I live). We also don't know how long your break from DCS was. There were indeed some noticeable changes made last year to the mission editor and some of the old tips and tutorials might not apply anymore. You, however, can, in the meantime, check the 2020-updated "DCS User Manual", which can be found, as always, in the "Doc" folder of your game. Maybe you'll find some answers there.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.