Lights ON at night in lieu of saluting

Since we are being wishful, IRL at night when ready for launch after wipeout, the pilot will turn on his external lights instead of a salute because you can't see a salute. Would be nice to get this. The salute at night is just unreal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

+1

Speaking of saluting.  Today, I should've given the shooter a middle finger salute. He launched me before I even wiped the controls. The engine barely came up to mil.

It could be a sticky button on my controls setup or who knows...

Edited by Gripes323
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Gripes323 said:

+1

Speaking of saluting.  Today, I should've given the shooter a middle finger salute. He launched me before I even wiped the controls. The engine barely came up to mil.

It could be a sticky button on my controls setup or who knows...

You know, I had that happen too! I thought I was tripping! I'll test it out again because now I'm curious.

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

+1

Dell Aurora R11, Windows 10 Home 64bit English, Intel i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost), 64GB Dual Channel HyperX FURY DDR4 XMP at 3400MHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti 11GB GDDR6, 24” 1080p 144Hz Free-Sync/G-SYNC compatible monitor, 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD.

+1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, F-16CM, AJS-37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, P-47D, P-51D, FC3, MiG-15bis, Yak-52, CA, C-101, Hawk

Terrains I own: Syria, The Channel, SoH

System (RIP my old PC): Dell XPS 15 9570 w/ Intel i7-8750H, NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Max-Q, 16GB DDR4, 500GB Samsung PM871 SSD (upgraded with 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD)

VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro

Dreams: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mBG4dD

If you use RSMapper, you can combine the Lights On key with the Salute key, since thats used in combo that the jet is ready for launch. Especially useful at night as you've mentioned. 

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

+1

i9-9900k, Asus ROG Strix Z390-3, 32GB DDR4-3000, MSI GeForce RTX 2080 Ti, 2TB Samsung 860 Evo SSD| Oculus Rift S| TM Warthog| TM Pedals| TM MFDs

AC Module Wishlist: MH-60, AH-6, AH-64D, E-2C, S-3B, F/A-18F

Map Wishlist: Norwegian Sea, Alaska

Ai Wishlist: Ships, C-2a, SOF infantry, AH/MH-6

On 1/11/2021 at 4:20 PM, ST0RM said:

If you use RSMapper, you can combine the Lights On key with the Salute key, since thats used in combo that the jet is ready for launch. Especially useful at night as you've mentioned. 

Same with Thrustmaster Target, I make sure I start the mission with the pinky switch in the center position and the formation lights knob turned up. When I then flip it forward it first issues the command for turning external lights on and then the salute command. Works perfectly. Can probably be done with JoyToKey also for any type of controller.