P-47 Engine Failure during landing approach.

Lykurgus

1 hour ago, Cgjunk2 said:

You shouldn't need to assign prop to a third axis.  If you link prop with throttle, it will come back with throttle automatically. 

Without a prop axis you can't fine-tune proper RPM/MP combinations. Unless the throttle and prop lever positions give you the proper RPM/MP automatically.

Or is this just for landing/diving regimes? I have to admit the Jug's engine management is incredibly confusing compared to the Spit and Mustang, with a lot of very specific nuances that don't get specified in discussions.

Edited by Nealius

I use warthog HOTAS and i have my boost throttle and rpm assigned as axis.

You can use mouse as well to fine tune rpm.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

51 minutes ago, grafspee said:

I use warthog HOTAS and i have my boost throttle and rpm assigned as axis.

You can use mouse as well to fine tune rpm.

I have all three assigned to axes as well, but one of those is the slider next to the APU switch. That axis is impossible to use simultaneously with the two throttles unless you have massive hands and long thumbs. 

Using a mouse to fine-tune the lever is not possible without either a left-handed mouse or without keeping the stick steady with my knees. 

Edited by Nealius

I also have a TH Warthog and my setup is:

left throttle - turbo

right throttle - throttle

slider - rpm

So far, I haven't felt the need to move throttle and RPM at the same time. Especially on landing. You're supposed to set it to 2550 when around 150 mph and just leave it there.

3 hours ago, PL_Harpoon said:

I also have a TH Warthog and my setup is:

left throttle - turbo

right throttle - throttle

slider - rpm

So far, I haven't felt the need to move throttle and RPM at the same time. Especially on landing. You're supposed to set it to 2550 when around 150 mph and just leave it there.

Same here.

I just set 2550rpm and 30" of MP and wait for plane to slow down. I start deploying  flaps when speed drops to 250mph. Below 200mph i set 26" of mp and continue to slow down. It just take some time to slow down.

I don't use cruise power settings, maps are too small for that.

Edited by grafspee

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

1 hour ago, Nealius said:

I could be confusing landing with diving, but someone in one of these threads on engine management said RPM should be reduced simultaneously with throttle. 

If you are about to dive you just need to stay on power. If you are doing ground attacks it is just convenient to interconnect throttle and rpm. then you can reduce throttle a lot more in dives and you can apply full power to get away. You still should not close throttle completely even with rpm lever interconnected.

I would aim at 20" of MP as minimal with rpm lever interconnected

Edited by grafspee