How to stop dispensing chaff and flares?

Qosmius
Go to solution Solved by Northstar98,

Hi, i am wondering how to stop dispensing chaff and flares when it first has started.

When you are in program 1 and semi. When you press dispense button it will then release 10 chaff and flare as default.

How do you stop this program so that it does not dispense anymore before it finishes the cycle.

I have tried aft, left and right switch but nothing works.

you will need to set a cms program. set that on cmds panel. there is manual mode too where you flick switch for one or other. not sure if that is working yet. look up in manual page 272 (english) for all countermeasures.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Seems like there are times where it would be desirable or necessary to immediately stop deploying countermeasures. An accidental release of flares over a civilian or fire hazard area, or the release of chaff when you are unaware a wingman is flying in the slot position, for example. 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

59 minutes ago, Machalot said:

Seems like there are times where it would be desirable or necessary to immediately stop deploying countermeasures. 

If you need to immediately stop countermeasure deployment for safety reasons, flip the respective dispenser master switch for that countermeasure to off. 

• Like 1

• Solution
27 minutes ago, DoctorVixen said:

i put it in bypass mode (manual chaff/flare 1 per trigger), or you can edit the different programs. i think its in the special tab in settings

You can edit the programs on the CMDS page on the DED; accessed by hitting LIST on the ICP and then 7 (I think).

Alternatively, you can go into your DCS main installation folder go to Mods -> aircraft -> F-16C -> Cockpit -> Scripts -> EWS -> CMDS -> device and then editing the CMDS_ALE47.lua file (which you can then save onto your user area, as everytime DCS updates or repairs, this file will be overwritten with the default).

From there you can edit all default programs, including the automatic ones (Semiautomatic and Automatic countermeasure dispense isn't implemented for the F-16C (yet)).

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.