Help with Mission Editor AI Attack Target

ruxtmp

I need some help understanding what is wrong with the AI. No matter what I do in ME they are just doing their own thing. I read everything I can online about ME but none of it seems to work. I have multiple targets on the PG map with numerous flights set to attack them. Using CAS with either Search and Engage or Engage Unit does nothing they all fly around and just get shot up by AAA or manpads and typically attack other target not in either the zone or the ones identified as the unit. The best they do is attack a random static building 60km away from the target. Ground Attack with bombing is no better with this option they just attack some random object on the map typically a SAM site 50km away from the target point. Carpet bombing and attack map object have the same effect.

• ruxtmp changed the title to Help with Mission Editor AI Attack Target

Toutenglisse, I've done this and it makes no difference. I gave up after 4 hours and just deleted all the surrounding sam sites, vehicles, aaa, and static objects. I set each AV-8B flight to attack only one specific target using the attack unit command and all for the amount of rockets or bombs to drop in one attack. This mostly works, they will still occasionally fly off to some random direction, just turn around in circles aimlessly, or make attack runs but not fire their rockets or drop their bombs. I have tried setting their distances turn in on target but this makes no difference weather its 10nm or even out to 40nm straight in.