OPFOR/BLUFOR Pack  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Which era would you prefer ?

• Early Cold War era (1950-1970)
    • Late Cold War era (1970-1991)
    • Modern era (1991-2015)

Hi guys. 

Along with the FrenchPack, i feel like i lack for targets for my vehicles ^^

So here is a poll to orientate me in the possible addition of an "OPFOR/BLUFOR" pack. The era mainly. 

The followed nations would be

- European countries (Spain, Italy, Germany, Poland, and some very specific assets for example from Czechs who use to make nice looking stuff) 50% of the pack

- USSR/Russian Federation (Mainly MBT and IFV) 25-35% of the pack

- USA (Not so much to add)

Examples of vehicles for each era

- Early cold War : BTR-152, T-44, T-62, T-10M, M-47, M551 Sheridan, Leopard1A1/2...

- Late cold War : BTR-60/70, T-64, M1A1-105, Leopard-1A3/4/5, Leopard 2A2 ...

- Modern Era : T-14, M1A2 SEP, Leopard 2A7, Centauro, Ariete....

Note, there are vehicles for each nation for each era, above list is purely exhaustive. 

Question

On which period would you like me to focus on ? 

- Early Cold War : 1950-1970

- Late Cold War : 1970-1991

- Modern era : 1991-2015

This pack would only focus on ground assets, with same level of quality than the FrenchPack, and would aim in its first iteration to integrate roughly 10 vehicles, expanded more and more to 25. 

Please note : This pack is hypothetic : For now i ask you, and gather intel, if I notice that intel is really too hard to get (not enough photographies for vehicles) then i would not do it. 

If you wish to help by providing intel (photos), I don't need for 2 pictures of one vehicle, more likely a library of 150-500 pictures. 

Nicolas

Edited by dimitriov
  • Thanks 1

again thanks for the french pack! for me either late cold war  early modern era would work best for the jets we have at the moment, the Viper was new in service in 91, and the hornet in 89 etc... 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Place the M551 Sheridan in the Late Cold War Era.  It was used in Operation Just Cause and Operation Desert Shield/Storm in the 1989-1991 time frame.  It is the ideal vehicle for airland transport and heavy equipment airdrop by the Anubis C-130J Hercules.  It was also used at the Fort Irwin National Training Center West as a Soviet Era OPFOR armored vehicle simulator.

• Like 1

I don't need no stinkin' GPS! (except for PGMs :D) :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mmm ... seems I'm the only one that wants early Cold War 🙂

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

What we desperately need is people and more diverse civilian vehicles!

Especially a mix of the same/similar models for Insurgents and civilians that come ARMED and UNARMED(!).

This together with the neutral faction would enable the creation of realistic COunterINsurgency scenarios, where Rules Of Engagement are a real factor, instead of the usual, if it moves, kill it and general lack of civilians that require thorough decision making and reducing potential risk to non-combatants.

-Small 90ies 4x4 "Technical" armed with Dshka/.50 Cal

- Small 90ies 4x4 Pick-up truck UNARMED

-motorbike with armed driver/passenger (AK47/RPG)

-motorbike with unarmed driver/passenger 

- more civilian cars, minibuses, etc.

-different models of armed insurgents. Really cool would be models like an IED laying team or a spotter with binoculars and phone/radio... Get creative

-different similar models of UNARMED civilians (so it does matter if people are carrying weapons or not!)

-Dshka on tripod, Milan ATGM, heavy MG for Insurgents, improvised rocket launchers

-typical pirate skiffs (sleek, fast motorboats from wood) with a dozen armed insurgents

-same/similar skiffs as harmless fishingboats

-barricades and improvised roadblocks

...then we only need a "Mali" map. 😇

Edited by shagrat
Typos corrected
  • Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...