POS Mode Distance Logic

RPY Variable

If I fire on POS mode I get less range than firing on HAS mode. On the video I'm going M1.0, but if I go 45k feet and M1.5 I only can fire at a distance of 33 miles and the missile goes on a dive. It is like firing on HAS mode, but only with a distance firing restriction. At 40 miles and 40k altitude, the missile only has to do a 25 degree dive to hit the target, so logically I would expect to loft a little further away than 30miles on POS mode. Is this the right behavior? 

The video shows the situation, that loft takes more energy away from the missile than anything else. 

https://streamable.com/qj1hga

Interl i7 6700k - 32Gb RAM DDR4 - RX 590 8GB - Sentey 32"2560x1440 - Saitek X-55 - TrackIr 3

On 1/3/2021 at 5:43 AM, Florence201 said:

POS RUK mode searches within 20nm of a Steerpoint and thus actually takes that into account. This range is “less” when firing as it could potentially have further to fly to go past the SP. it will dive for a target once the programmed radar is active 

That makes a lot of sense. 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

• 2 weeks later...