Yellow flickering on screen

TimboSlice

• 2 weeks later...

do you still suffer from this glitch in non-Normandy maps?

I find it very rare when flying on channel yet it scares the crap out of me when in Normandy.   It crept in a few OB's ago it started as a black twitch as if your pilot was blinking momentarily then into this weird yellow flashbang anomaly.  Maybe it is a nvidia driver thing but I do hope the powers that be manage to narrow it down and resolve.  

You do think someone is firing at you sometimes.   

9 hours ago, No.119_Bruv VK-B said:

do you still suffer from this glitch in non-Normandy maps?

I find it very rare when flying on channel yet it scares the crap out of me when in Normandy.   It crept in a few OB's ago it started as a black twitch as if your pilot was blinking momentarily then into this weird yellow flashbang anomaly.  Maybe it is a nvidia driver thing but I do hope the powers that be manage to narrow it down and resolve.  

You do think someone is firing at you sometimes.   

Yes, I find myself rolling to break and looking over my shoulder every time it happens... 

Same here.

FWIW - how it works on my PC:
I always see it in Normandy (I don't have the Channel and Syria, if it matters), never in Caucasus, haven't tried in PG and NTTR.

It may not be related directly to a specific aircraft, since you're having those "flashbangs" in the Spit and I'm having them in 109.

They never show up directly upon mission start, at least when it starts on the airfield. I always need to fly around for a while before they eventually start turning up and once they do, they're popping up in bursts - a few flashbangs within a few seconds, then a pause, then another burst. I don't remember if those bursts continue when I'm landing. Perhaps it's related to altitude? No idea.
My "flashbangs" are composed of the part of exactly the same hue of pretty yellow as in the video above, the yellow part is kind of triangular (top left part of the screen in the video), but mine also have a narrow red stripe underneath the yellow part. Such pattern of colours pops on the screen in various places, sometimes lower, sometimes higher and at slightly varying angles, but always across - generally from left to right, never vertically.
Obviously, apart from the coloured part we get a "general flash" on the screen, but it's so fast that I can't see exactly what it is - as if the whole screen was dimmed with something for a single frame or sth.
I guess these details won't help anyways 😞

EDIT: I don't know how video editing software works (never used one), but if anybody of you have it then perhaps you could isolate a single frame in the video to see what it is exactly on the screen? Maybe such a screenshot ("frame-shot") could be meaningful to to somebody technical in ED?

Edited by scoobie

i7-8700K 32GB 2060(6GB) 27"@1080p TM Hawg HOTAS TPR TIR5 SD-XL 2xSD+ HC Bravo button/pot box

8 hours ago, scoobie said:

EDIT: I don't know how video editing software works (never used one), but if anybody of you have it then perhaps you could isolate a single frame in the video to see what it is exactly on the screen? Maybe such a screenshot ("frame-shot") could be meaningful to to somebody technical in ED?

well in hand already:

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...