I Just Finished The Raven 1 Campaign...

And boy does life have no purpose anymore!

I did the entire campaign in VR and as a diehard Sim enthusiasts since Combat Flight Simulator, I have NEVER had anything so immersive and real! The amount of immersion and quality of the campaign literally is an experience unlike anything. I also own rival sims and Raven 1 now has me favoring scripted campaigns over dynamic campaigns. There is nothing like this thing. So much data to digest, so much detailed documentation and such great voice acting. This campaign literally helped me live a life long dream. So many times my mind would believe I am in a real life scenario! Just amazing! I do own every other plane and campaign so I think I am gonna try Serpents Head or Horrido next, but the hangover after completing such a detailed campaign is still there. 

I want to just put my 2 cents out there. WE NEED MORE CAMPAIGNS LIKE RAVEN 1! Especially the poor neglected F-16. The F-16 needs an in depth voice acted campaign DESPERATELY! If anyone has any details on when we might expect more from Baltic Dragon, or other developers please tell me! Campaigns like Raven 1 REALLY bring the aircraft to life! I know other sims are currently having the issue of having excellent aircraft and scenery, but nothing to do with it. Raven 1 practically made me feel like I just woke up onboard the carrier. I practically can smell the burned coffee in briefing the briefing room. It really was like being there.

Bravo Baltic Dragon! Bravo!

Lets get more campaigns like this ASAP!!!!

• Like 1

Thank you Sir! I am working on The Gamblers campaign for the F-16, which we are building together with John "Rain" Waters (check out his podcast if you haven't done so, it is amazing). And should have some more exciting news on Raven front pretty soon...

• Like 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png
8 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

Thank you Sir! I am working on The Gamblers campaign for the F-16, which we are building together with John "Rain" Waters (check out his podcast if you haven't done so, it is amazing). And should have some more exciting news on Raven front pretty soon...

I am just reading the second Raven book in Venezuela and it makes me wish for a map there for you to make a second Raven campaign, there’s just so much action in that second book that I’d like to fly for myself! But hey, maybe you can adapt it in the Marianas once that new map is out. In any case, awesome job on the Raven One campaign, I agree with everything the OP says. You give players the feeling of being a carrier wing pilot.

Edited by Qiou87

AMD R5 5600X | 32GB DDR4 3000MHz | RTX 2070 SUPER | Oculus Rift S | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 | Thrustmaster TCWS

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you again Baltic Dragon! This campaign is really the flagship of the DCS world. When you combine all that DCS has to offer, voice attack, Viacom, Super Carrier, VR, you really get something not found in any other sim, past or present. I should know lol.

Also about that patch you mentioned, if that is still available, I will gladly put it on my REAL flightsuit next to my F-16 HGU-55 flight helmet... or even better maybe on my flight helmet bag... I dunno lol! I look to look at it on my shelf now and then.

I am so happy you guys read my post, I really encourage people to put this ON TOP OF THE MUST HAVE LIST! Wait until you have the full experience with Super Carrier if you do not own it yet. My livestreams of this campaign on FB literally brought alot of attention to DCS!

I cannot wait until the F-16 Gamblers come out!!!! Woohoo! Such good news!

Fang333333

On 1/2/2021 at 6:05 PM, baltic_dragon said:

Both of these tidbits are great news. Guess I should finally start learning the F-16.