[USER ERROR] CTD during weapon switch - possibly due to missing files

Mr_sukebe

My Harrier install has seemingly broken.

I'm currently experiencing CTDs when I switch between say a Mav F and a Sidearm.

It's clearly a local issue, and no one else seems to have reported it, and a squadron friend tried it and couldn't replicate.

Attached is my log file.

I had a browse through, and couldn't help but notice several errors relating to missing files, e.g.

ERROR   Lua::Config: load error ./Mods/aircraft/AV8BNA/Cockpit/HUD/indicator/STBY/STBY_NAV_MSC.lua:can't open './Mods/aircraft/AV8BNA/Cockpit/HUD/indicator/STBY/STBY_NAV_MSC.lua'.

I tried a game repair, which didn't solve it, so completed a FULL re-install of the game, yeah, all 266GB and the above log file is from post that re-install.

Any good ideas?

dcs.log

Edited by Mr_sukebe

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I've just tried removing all of my mods.  Still CTD'ing.

It appears that I'm alone with the issue.  Just not sure why my system is different to anyone else's.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

OK, I think that we have a resolution.

I wasn't running DCS as an admin (doh!!!!!)

Changed that, and it's working fine now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • RAZBAM_ELMO changed the title to [USER ERROR] CTD during weapon switch - possibly due to missing files