Problems Slaving Sensors.

TM Warthog.  I know all the buttons are working correctly and bound correctly as the problem is intermittent.

I can slew the TGP onto target, TMS up short to set it to point track, TMS up long to set it to SPI and china hat forward long to slave all sensors.

When I go china hat forward long, the TGP and all sensors slew away to the current steerpoint, but not always, maybe 9 times out of 10.  Going long I count to 3, so not inadvertently pressing short.

I've gone into controls and checked the buttons are working and jump to the action they are supposed to jump to when operated, so it's obviously something I am doing wrong intermittently, but I can't think of anything.  Its driving me nuts.

Anyone see my mistake?

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

3 hours ago, Tinkickef said:

...When I go china hat forward long, the TGP and all sensors slew away to the current steerpoint, but not always, maybe 9 times out of 10.  Going long I count to 3, so not inadvertently pressing short...

Doesn't sound right.
China Hat Forward Long slaves all sensors to SPI.

China Hat Aft Long slaves TGP to Current Steerpoint.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

15 minutes ago, LeCuvier said:

Doesn't sound right.
China Hat Forward Long slaves all sensors to SPI.

China Hat Aft Long slaves TGP to Current Steerpoint.

Well, if you don't designate SPI, then current steerpoint becomes SPI so China forward and aft does same thing to TGP if there's no SPI.

But what I sometimes experience similar to OP is that once TGP goes off Gimbal limit, China forward sometimes doesn't work even if you bring it around.  I either have to boresight it and China forward.  Or do China aft.

BTW, off topic but anyone know why it's called China HAT?

Edited by Taz1004

I'm obviously not done learning. So you rely on Current Steerpoint being SPI by default. So if inadvertently I have re-defined SPI that method won't work. That might happen to me.

I always use China Hat Aft Long in HUD mode to slave my TGP to SPI, and I will continue doing it that way.

But thanks for prompting me to re-read the subject in the flight manual!

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

13 hours ago, Tinkickef said:

I can slew the TGP onto target, TMS up short to set it to point track, TMS up long to set it to SPI and china hat forward long to slave all sensors.

Sounds good so far.

But you should always double check that the TGP has been set as SPI Generator by checking the HUD, lower left corner.

13 hours ago, Tinkickef said:

When I go china hat forward long, the TGP and all sensors slew away to the current steerpoint, but not always, maybe 9 times out of 10.  Going long I count to 3, so not inadvertently pressing short.

That would happen when the current SPI Generator is the steerpoint, denoted by "STPT" in the lower left corner of the HUD. As I said above, you should double check what it reads there.

When the TGP is slewed above the horizon (or close to it), the SPI Generator automatically resets itself from TGP to STPT. Sounds like this might be what's happening to you?

Otherwise, can you upload a track? The shorter the better.

Thanks for your insights guys.  Odd thing I noticed yesterday on a mission carrying 2 GBU 10s, 2 GBU 12s and a centerline fuel tank.

Approaching the target head on, straight and level on autopilot, 12,000ft alt and around 10 miles from target I slewed the TGP to target and set point lock.

The display came up with INR P which I only usually see when the pod thinks its line of sight is about to be obstructed by the airframe.

In this case it was looking forward and down with a direct line of sight to the target.

Can this be caused by something wrong in my switchology?

On run in  I have DSMS page on left screen, TGP on right screen, Station selected on DSMS page,  Master Arm on and TGP set as SOI. 

Master Mode set to CCRP in weapon profile page and showing CCRP on HUD and just waiting for the pipper to begin its countdown so I can hold down the release consent button.

Doubt it has any bearing on it, but since the vast majority of my missions take place in either complete darkness or dim moonlight, I use the autopilot on run in from the IP, occasionally disconnecting and reconnectiong again to make small adjustments. 

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.