F-18C Hornet Mini 3D Printed Throttle Unit - Help wanted!

obious

Hi All,

Long story short, I'm designing and 3D printing my own mini F-18C Hornet throttle unit (with a few associated buttons, knobs etc) and need a little help in working out the gearing ratio for the pots that'll transfer the liner input of each throttle axis into a digital signal (plugging into a Leo Bodnar board). 

The below pictures detail my progress so far but as mentioned above, does anyone have the technical knowhow to help me create the correct gearing ratio (red highlighted area in mech.png)? I'm trying to transfer the full range of motion from each throttle unit (70 degrees) to utilize the full 265 degrees of motion of the pots I'm using (link to data sheet is here).

Any help would be greatly appreciated and as a 'thank you', I'll publish the STLs here once I'm finished so that those with a large printer at home can print their own rather than spend the £600+ on something like Winwing's unit. Also as you can probably tell, I'm trying to keep the size and weight down and am designing the unit to mount to a spare Mounstertech table mount I had laying around in case anyone is wondering how it'll mount to a desk.

Thanks!

Main.JPG

main1.JPG

main2.JPG

mech.png

IMG_0892.jpg

Edited by obious
Adding additional image

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

Nice look project.

Why not use Bi-Tech 6120 series HALL sensor "potentiometer"  instead P-260 potentiometer?

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/tt-electronics-bi/6127V1A60L-5/2620660

Bi-Technologies and TT Electronics are the same group.

This 6120 series have models with 35, 60, 90º (and more) of "effective electric angle" what make more easy match throttle levers movement.

10 hours ago, Sokol1_br said:

Nice look project.

Why not use Bi-Tech 6120 series HALL sensor "potentiometer"  instead P-260 potentiometer?

https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/tt-electronics-bi/6127V1A60L-5/2620660

Bi-Technologies and TT Electronics are the same group.

This 6120 series have models with 35, 60, 90º (and more) of "effective electric angle" what make more easy match throttle levers movement.

Interesting, I didn't even know these were a thing! I'll check them out, thanks!

Intel 12900k @ 5.2Ghz, RTX 4090, Samsung 1TB NVME, Thrustmaster Warthog & F-18 stick, Pendular Rudder Pedals - Quest Pro

AV8B N/A UFC Build Log

AV8B N/A PCBs for sale

• 2 weeks later...