Boarding ladder / helmet switching on and off

gulredrel

Hello,

I'm on stable version DCS/2.5.6.59625.

I noticed a strange behaviour with cold and dark status. The boarding ladder and helmet on the C-101EB were visible and than not, like blinking on and off.

Don't know if the track shows this correct. After a bit, the state of the ladder seems to be consistent. Being there with power off, and being invisible with power on or canopy closed.

What can cause this issue? I've an old training mission in Kobuleti, there wasn't a consistent state even after waiting a bit after mission loading.

Thanks

Jens

Screen_201230_205522_2.jpg

Screen_201230_205523_1.jpg

101EB_flickering_ladder.trk C-101EB_Navigation_Training_Caucasus.miz

dcs.log

Edited by gulredrel

24 minutes ago, kontiuka said:

I've seen this in just a regular free flight as well.  Wonder if it has anything to do with the wind.

It has I think. The helmet and the ladder will dissapear if movement of the aircraft is detected. You can test this with a C101CC on cold start, and asking for bombs on the wings, you will see the ladder disseapearing and appearing again due to the movement of the plane made by the bombs on the wings

Wind, yeah. that sounds reasonable. In one of the missions were there blinking never stops, I've 4 m/s wind set coming from the right, when the plane is parked.

The track shows new Caucasus mission with 0 m/s wind and the blinking of the ladder stops as soon as the plane has settled fully on it's suspension after loading, I guess.

It was new to me after updating stable version after Dec. 26th, I can't remember having seen this before.

@Vibora: Hope this phenomenon can be fixed, as the ladder shouldn't be wind related in that stage.

• 2 months later...

As stable was updated last Friday, I now can enjoy this feature again 😉

Thanks again for the ongoing support. Also like the revised pitch up tendency after liftoff. As I'm only a virtual pilot, it "feels" more logical now. So couldn't imagine, that countering that noseup tendency with correct trim setting needs to be so hard as it was before.