wilbur81

NCTR only works front aspect, as it has to see the intakes

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

1 hour ago, dorianR666 said:

I dont know how it is now, but IIRC it used to work from behind as well in DCS hornet, simulating JEM.

JEM is modeled and working. I just tested with a hostile MiG-29 flying away from me. Before that, I tested with a hostile F-16 Blk50 (the module) both from the front and the back, but although NCTR contributed to the ROE matrix from both sides (HAFU became hostile after NCTR+IFF), the SA page still read Unknown. I guess it's an issue with some aircraft not added to the NCTR database yet.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

10 hours ago, Harker said:

JEM is modeled and working. I just tested with a hostile MiG-29 flying away from me. Before that, I tested with a hostile F-16 Blk50 (the module) both from the front and the back, but although NCTR contributed to the ROE matrix from both sides (HAFU became hostile after NCTR+IFF), the SA page still read Unknown. I guess it's an issue with some aircraft not added to the NCTR database yet.

I'm seeing issues with the SA page 'Unknown' status under multiple scenarios. Frequently the SA page will give an unknown state when NCTR has determined hostile (as you say above), but also;

AZ/EL and SA Page ID's don't match up. The AZ/EL page surveillance data block will give a LINK 16 ID as e.g. MIG29 but the SA page still states Unknown for same contact. Pretty sure they should sync up. Both are Link 16 data.

Friendly SURV only non-PPLI contacts will almost never have an aircraft type ID. I would have thought an AWACS SURV contact (especially friendly) should have a type ID always. AWACS will know the friendly aircraft type, why doesn't it push it over the Link-16? WIP? Bug? As intended?

I'm confused: this thread is now labeled "Correct as is" and has the additional comment of "30 degrees off nose or tail."  In my track I'm literally about to put my nose up the Viper's tail pipe... and still no NCTR print. I'm literally dead-on nose-to-tail aspect.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display