CM3 Preorder Starting to Ship

rustyshackleford

As did I.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Good to hear.  I received the invoice for the throttle the other day.  Hopefully not too long now.  Of course I still have several other pieces to wait for.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Sadly, no shipping of pre orders to the UK till January!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I don't have any notification or tracking number yet. Maybe soon, I think I ordered pretty early on.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

2 hours ago, dburne said:

I don't have any notification or tracking number yet. Maybe soon, I think I ordered pretty early on.

I pre-ordered on 8 December.  If I recall, you pre-ordered yours way before me.  I was shocked that I got a tracking number so quickly.

5 minutes ago, Drac said:

I pre-ordered on 8 December.  If I recall, you pre-ordered yours way before me.  I was shocked that I got a tracking number so quickly.

Lol just my luck I guess.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

18 minutes ago, Drac said:

No seems I pre-ordered on the 14th.

I have gotten no email notification, however when I sign in to the Virpil site and check my order status, it says status is shipped but no shipment date. When I choose to track it only shows a small screen saying shipped. 

I guess the process has begun so hopefully it is on the way or will be shortly.

Edit: Ok I just got the email from Virpil saying status is shipped, so I assume it is shipping today.

I so look forward to getting it, only thing I dread is having to go back in and assign my controller settings again.

That is ok though, should be well worth it.

Edited by dburne

Don B

6 minutes ago, dburne said:

No seems I pre-ordered on the 14th.

I have gotten no email notification, however when I sign in to the Virpil site and check my order status, it says status is shipped but no shipment date. When I choose to track it only shows a small screen saying shipped. 

I guess the process has begun so hopefully it is on the way or will be shortly.

Edit: Ok I just got the email from Virpil saying status is shipped, so I assume it is shipping today.

I so look forward to getting it, only thing I dread is having to go back in and assign my controller settings again.

That is ok though, should be well worth it.

Good to hear you got the tracking number.  I'm with you on the assigning the controller settings again...

Guys, importing your CM2 profile in DCS  for each module will only take about 5-10 minutes in total! Assuming the CM3 buttons have the same numbers, of course. 

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

1 minute ago, imacken said:

Guys, importing your CM2 profile in DCS  for each module will only take about 5-10 minutes in total! Assuming the CM3 buttons have the same numbers, of course. 

I myself will be going from a Warthog.  Wished I was going from a CM2...would be easier.😪

7 minutes ago, Drac said:

I myself will be going from a Warthog.  Wished I was going from a CM2...would be easier.😪

Sorry, of course. I didn’t think of that! I guess Don is in the same position. 

23 minutes ago, imacken said:

Sorry, of course. I didn’t think of that! I guess Don is in the same position. 

Yep same here as well. It should be no biggie, just deciding on what to put where.

My biggest decision will probably be what detents to use.

Don B

14 hours ago, Drac said:

My CM3 has arrived today.

Lucky dog!

Don B

Depends on what it comes with, but yes, you need to update to 20210102 to get CM3 support.

Honestly, it's not difficult.  You just run the VPC software and go to the Firmware tab. (Assuming you have the latest version, of course.)

I guess you're looking at one of Havoc's videos here (117) Joystick/Throttle Tutorials - YouTube

These vidoes are incredibly useful, but just be aware that some of them use very outdated versions of the software and the options are different. Also, he does use the original throttle which has differences too.

However, the videos are very informative and I would highly recommend looking at them all.

Obviously, go here Downloads : VIRPIL Controls Support Center (freshdesk.com) to get the software/firmware.

Edited by imacken

Mine is currently scheduled to arrive tomorrow the 7th via Fed Ex.

Will I finally be able to retire my Warthog throttle? Sure hoping so!

New toys are always fun.

Don B

21 hours ago, Drac said:

Quick question about the CM3.  I have not plugged mine up yet.  I hear something about a firmware update.  Is that something I need to do? 

You can get the latest software here:  https://virpil.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/47001164128-vpc-software-setup-version-20210102-

When I first plugged mine in and fired up the software it prompted me to update the firmware automatically.

1 hour ago, RightYouAreKen said:

You can get the latest software here:  https://virpil.freshdesk.com/en/support/solutions/articles/47001164128-vpc-software-setup-version-20210102-

When I first plugged mine in and fired up the software it prompted me to update the firmware automatically.

Roger...This is the video I am reviewing.  Hope the process is not different for the CM3.