No instructor voice on default training missions

Iceolate

If I remember correctly, those are older training missions And thus have no voiceovers. 

may I suggest these excellent tutorial series by @Tricker ?

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 2 weeks later...

The problem with YT videos is watching them while trying to learn an aircraft in VR. I would be very happy to make voiceovers for the tutorials and missions/campaigns for every module in DCS if given the chance. I looked at it before but couldn't find out how they had done it, so I'm guessing it isn't possible for a customer to do.

• Like 1

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

7 minutes ago, Johnny Dioxin (Brixmis) said:

... I looked at it before but couldn't find out how they had done it, so I'm guessing it isn't possible for a customer to do.

actually, it is not impossible to do, you have to use the SOUND TO ALL trigger action and record each sound file, one for each written text that the mission uses. It is not hard, but can be a fair Bit of work.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I'm guessing that's with the mission editor? Unfortunately, it's a few years since I last used that, as well, but nevertheless I may look at this again sometime. I would be quite happy to invest the time required as long as I was confident I could actually get the audio in-sim.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

8 hours ago, Johnny Dioxin (Brixmis) said:

I'm guessing that's with the mission editor? Unfortunately, it's a few years since I last used that, as well, but nevertheless I may look at this again sometime. I would be quite happy to invest the time required as long as I was confident I could actually get the audio in-sim.

Johnny, if you want I can help you with that. I'd like to see some of the old things being revitalized. And I'm vested in F-5 for other reasons. 😄 Send me a PM or something and we can work on a few things.  

On 1/17/2021 at 12:53 AM, Johnny Dioxin (Brixmis) said:

If it's of any help, the training missions in German language had voice-overs added to them last year. Maybe the triggers can be used as templates for the English training missions?

A-4E | AV-8B N/A | C-101 | F/A-18C | F-5E | F-14A&B | F1 | FC3 | M-2000C | Mosquito | P-47D | Spitfire | AH-64D | Mi-8MTV2 | Mi-24P | SA342 | UH-1H
Nevada | Normandy | Persian Gulf | Sinai | South Atlantic | Syria | The Channel | Supercarrier | NS430
i7-5820K @ 4.50GHz | 32GB DDR-4 @ 3.00GHz | 2x 1TB NVMe SSD | Asus RTX 2070S O8G
Saitek X-52 Pro HOTAS | Thrustmaster TFRP pedals | TrackIR 5

• 4 weeks later...

Actually, it's pretty easy to do - don't know why I wasn't able to do it last time - took me minutes to work it out this time around!

I hadn't intended doing them for the F-5 but I will do that, as a kind of learner job as I'm now doing it alone and already have over half of them done, and upload the result to user files - then I'll get on with the Russian modules by ED - if they are done in the same way it shouldn't take too long.

He says.... 🤔

Edited by Johnny Dioxin (Brixmis)

Kneeboard Guides

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2020 at 11:47 AM, Iceolate said:

Hi everyone, I cannot hear any voice that goes with the F-5E training missions. I can see the text but I like to hear the instructors voice along with it.

Is it not available with this particular aircraft?

Incoming very soon - just dotting the t's and crossing the i's - at least for the first, cold start - taxi - take-off tutorial mssion. Feedback will dictate if I do any more after that. Hopefully be finished within a day or two.

Kneeboard Guides