[FIXED] RB75 TV target designation also inputs a spurious nav fix?

Machalot

I can't be completely sure that is what's happening, but I am getting a strangely large deviation in my waypoint locations after using the RB75, specifically when hitting the sequence T1, slewing to a target, then TV to lock.  Hitting the RENSA button a few times clears the deviations and returns my waypoints to the expected positions, as would be expected to clear an erroneous nav fix.  Does anyone else see this?

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

Hey Machalot!

Wasn't able to reproduce now, but I remember flying in MP and having issues with that someday in the past.

It migth be that I f.... up the system by doing other things wrong, but I will keep an eye on this when flying again.

Can you provide a TRK or video?

Clearing with RENSA by pressing it the first time should work for the last own-fix and restore the buffered one (I guess "buffered" means the automatic fix done by the RHM in conjuction with the CK37 having the terrain database in the background). A 2nd press should clear all the own fixes you did.

Why do you have to press it several times (more than 2 times). Is there any different behaviour noticeable?

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I was hazy on the exact function of RENSA so I pressed it a few times. It was probably good after the second press. 

I have a MP track but it's very long. Would you be interested to look at it? I don't remember when in the track it occurred. I can check later today and let you know, if interested. 

"Subsonic is below Mach 1, supersonic is up to Mach 5. Above Mach 5 is hypersonic. And reentry from space, well, that's like Mach a lot."

6 hours ago, Machalot said:

I was hazy on the exact function of RENSA so I pressed it a few times. It was probably good after the second press. 

I have a MP track but it's very long. Would you be interested to look at it? I don't remember when in the track it occurred. I can check later today and let you know, if interested. 

Hm, can you just create a very short one?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Here's a short track.  My target is near waypoint M2.  Nothing is obviously wrong when I do the T1 and TV fixes for the RB75.  But after I pickle the missile, the current waypoint switches to B3, which is what happens when you do an own-position nav fix.  When I switch from ANF back to NAV and then select M2 again, it appears to have moved from the target location to the RB75 launch location.  It appears the RB75 weapon release trigger activates an own-position nav fix.

Please excuse the poor high-alpha flying at the end of the track, I was distracted by trying to verify what was happening with the nav system.

AJS37_RB75_spurious_nav_fix.miz_19122020_01-11.trk

Hi Machalot!

My observations regarding your finding:

1. When switching back from ANF to NAV 10km inbound to M2, the NAV computer (IMHO) shouldn't automatically switch to B3, since you are far away from M2.

2. The NAV computer should only switch to B3 when directly overhead M2 as long as NAV mode is selected. If ANF mode was selected, it should NOT switch to B3.

3. When switching from B3 to M2 by hand (pressing the B2 button), M2 suddenly is 3km behind you, which in fact should be 3-4 km in front of you.

Machalot: would you mind trying this by first disabling radar to A0, then selecting the RB75 weapon selector position, and THEN switch to ANF before firing the first missile? Let's see if the sequence is causing this issue.

I think you should then contact RagnarDa after doing the simple additional check.

Edited by TOViper

my computer:

I will do that. However, the sequence I used in this track in which I set ANF master mode before selecting RB75 weapon mode, was not what I usually do when I see the issue. I was just distracted while doing the power up checklist and forgot to select RB75 prior to taxi like normal. So I expect the result to be the same when I try your requested sequence. 

Edited by Machalot

Here's another track with a few different command sequences, including a launch of the RB75 in Nav mode.  I hit RENSA in between each pass to clear the nav fix so you can see the results one by one.

AJS37_RB75_spurious_nav_fix_2.miz_19122020_01-11.trk

I'm genuinely curious why nobody seems to have noticed this before. Am I the only Viggen pilot who uses RB75s?

2 hours ago, Machalot said:

I'm genuinely curious why nobody seems to have noticed this before. Am I the only Viggen pilot who uses RB75s?

Definitely not! You're much rather the only Viggen pilot caring about nav fixes as quite a lot of people seem to fly around without navigation... 🙄

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

6 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

Definitely not! You're much rather the only Viggen pilot caring about nav fixes as quite a lot of people seem to fly around without navigation... 🙄

Could be.  I am fascinated by inertial navigation and love all the gizmos like TID mode time-on-target, radar fixes, TERNAV, etc. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Machalot said:

Could be.  I am fascinated by inertial navigation and love all the gizmos like TID mode time-on-target, radar fixes, TERNAV, etc. 

New year, old love. Viggen is love.

• Like 1

my computer:

2 hours ago, Machalot said:

Same 🙂

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks for the report and replay. I love the replay-system in DCS and when bugs are reported with a replay, it's very helpful for fixing.

• Like 2

DCS AJS37 HACKERMAN

There will always be bugs. If everything is a priority nothing is.

• RagnarDa changed the title to [FIXED] RB75 TV target designation also inputs a spurious nav fix?