Jump to content

[Request]Jester functionality : MLC filter


*Aquila*
 Share

Recommended Posts

C’mon, that’s a serious topic. Engineers didn’t create that 3-positions switch for RIOs to experience ground clutter and simmers to sneer. It’s the only answer to some of us unable to detect a KC-135 30 miles away flying at the same altitude as them...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you’re really struggling that bad, I suggest learning proper intercept geometry. It’ll really help the radar out. It’s not complex in the Tomcat at all to learn intercept geometry at all. I mean, it’s an interceptor after all.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Prez said:

If you’re really struggling that bad, I suggest learning proper intercept geometry. It’ll really help the radar out. It’s not complex in the Tomcat at all to learn intercept geometry at all. I mean, it’s an interceptor after all.

How the hell did a topic about the MLC filter management lead you to discuss the intercept geometry? You’re all answering my request as if we already had a proper contact to track, which is off the point. 
 

If you fly online without a human RIO, you can’t manage your MLC filter like you can in single player, from the rear cockpit. That’s why I posted that request. If you’re able to define an intercept geometry for a contact you know nothing about, it’s cool for me. But I prefer detecting it before. That’s why the MLC switch has 3 positions. And that’s why I’d like to be able to use them from the pilot’s seat.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, *Aquila* said:

How the hell did a topic about the MLC filter management lead you to discuss the intercept geometry? You’re all answering my request as if we already had a proper contact to track, which is off the point. 
 

If you fly online without a human RIO, you can’t manage your MLC filter like you can in single player, from the rear cockpit. That’s why I posted that request. If you’re able to define an intercept geometry for a contact you know nothing about, it’s cool for me. But I prefer detecting it before. That’s why the MLC switch has 3 positions. And that’s why I’d like to be able to use them from the pilot’s seat.

Yep, fair enough.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 12/31/2020 at 3:12 PM, *Aquila* said:

How the hell did a topic about the MLC filter management lead you to discuss the intercept geometry? You’re all answering my request as if we already had a proper contact to track, which is off the point. 
 

If you fly online without a human RIO, you can’t manage your MLC filter like you can in single player, from the rear cockpit. That’s why I posted that request. If you’re able to define an intercept geometry for a contact you know nothing about, it’s cool for me. But I prefer detecting it before. That’s why the MLC switch has 3 positions. And that’s why I’d like to be able to use them from the pilot’s seat.

Manually manipulating the MLC filter isn’t going to magically solve the issue you’re having. You still don’t have manual control over the radar like a human RIO would when in MP. Jester is going to struggle when you inevitably get ground returns. The thing already automatically disabled with a radar elevation angle of positive 3 degrees, so literally just enter a dive after firing. Intercept geometry isn’t hard in the tomcat, and it helps the radar because now you’re not trying to pick up contacts in your filters. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/31/2020 at 9:18 AM, *Aquila* said:

Engineers didn’t create that 3-positions switch for RIOs to experience ground clutter and simmers to sneer.

Yeah, for RIOs - not pilots to reach back or ask to move exact switches.


Edited by draconus

🖥️ i3-10100F 3.6-4.3GHz, 32GB DDR4 2666, GTX970 4GB, SSD SATA3   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B   🚢 Supercarrier    🌍 NTTR, PG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...