having trouble seeing through the HUD night time

fitness88

Look for the Day/Night switch at the bottom of the UFC. You can also manually adjust HUD brightness for day and night modes using the BRT knob there.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

2 hours ago, Harker said:

Look for the Day/Night switch at the bottom of the UFC. You can also manually adjust HUD brightness for day and night modes using the BRT knob there.

I'll try the Day/Night switch at the bottom of the UFC but I definitely dim the HUD brightness down and make sure I'm in night cockpit [green] lighting mode but I still find it a challenge picking up ground objects, especially looking through the upper half of the HUD where you have the double layer lens...I sometimes find myself looking around the HUD to see better.

Thanks for the info.

Edited by fitness88

I can only recommend that you lower the HUD brightness as low as you can go and still see the HUD elements and minimize interior cockpit lighting. For what it's worth, I also can't see well through the HUD in the dark, but having looked through a real HUD IRL, I think it's normal. If it's that dark, I'd use another sensor to do the targeting for me, honestly. If you don't have NVGs, use the TPOD or radar to generate a designation and then just attack that designation.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-

10 hours ago, Harker said:

I can only recommend that you lower the HUD brightness as low as you can go and still see the HUD elements and minimize interior cockpit lighting. For what it's worth, I also can't see well through the HUD in the dark, but having looked through a real HUD IRL, I think it's normal. If it's that dark, I'd use another sensor to do the targeting for me, honestly. If you don't have NVGs, use the TPOD or radar to generate a designation and then just attack that designation.

I fly in VR, in the past I've used the night vision capability option but I thought it was a cheat...good to know.

8 hours ago, fitness88 said:

I fly in VR, in the past I've used the night vision capability option but I thought it was a cheat...good to know.

Not a cheat, it's just that we had NVG + JHMCS at the same time and that was unrealistic, so now we have to choose which device to mount on the helmet, via the ground crew menu.

-