PLEASE INTEGRATE SPECIAL FEATURES

Schmidtfire

I play a lot of multiplayer and the local Special Options settings does not have any effect when playing online.
So, Magnitude 3, could you please integrate the following items fully into the MiG-21bis module?

Realistic ASP IR A-A Missile Reticle
Drives me nuts every time it does not work realistic but the box is checked. Why is this optional? Default is also set to off.

SPECIAL FEATURES (the more realistic and useful RWR functionality)

Whitout this we are stuck with the old RWR logic. Knowing what direction you are locked from is extremely important
when trying to avoid a threat. The initial test were successful, so this should have been integrated by now. Also drives me completely nuts
when it is not working but the box is checked in the Special Options tab.

I know you have a lot on your plate and are not the fastest dev team (listened to your interview 😛 ) But please, look into integrating this stuff into
the module. Or at the very least find a way so our Special Options settings work no matter if we play SP or MP.   

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Hey Schmidtfire, 

I will forward you're request 🙂 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Oh, wow. I was wondering why my reticle was acting in what I thought was the unrealistic manner in multiplayer. Weird decision to leave that stuff up to server hosts. Would also very much appreciate those two features being made default.

Edited by Sangusan
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/30/2020 at 1:54 AM, Schmidtfire said:

Realistic ASP IR A-A Missile Reticle
Drives me nuts every time it does not work realistic but the box is checked. Why is this optional? Default is also set to off.

I think the naming/labeling of these special features needs to be revisited, as similar way like in KA-50 the "pedals trimmer" tick for On/Off doesn't tell clearly that what is the realistic mode. Like "Enable realistic ASP IR A-A missile reticle" would be just better, as even when the Tick means "On", it is not so clear first times that how it is meant to be.

And totally agree that all realistic systems should be Defaulted. So if player wants to have unrealistic/assisted features, they need to be gone to be set so separately.

• Like 2

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

21 minutes ago, borisbarzotto said:

please, can someone explain to me the old RWR logic and this new RWR activate with Special Features? i mean i know to use RWR but i dont know what happens with Special Features On. Thx!

the old logic was that when you are locked/fired at, all 4 lights activated and you couldnt tell from which direction you are being attacked from.

the new (correct) logic is that only 1 light activates, in the proper direction.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

10 hours ago, dorianR666 said:

the old logic was that when you are locked/fired at, all 4 lights activated and you couldnt tell from which direction you are being attacked from.

the new (correct) logic is that only 1 light activates, in the proper direction.

In addition to that, the updated implementation gives you an indication of signal strength by a number of 1-3 beeps per sweep. If you know what type of radar is painting you, you can estimate distance from that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wait, so the RWR is supposed to tell you what direction you are being locked from? I should have known this, that is amazing. Literally, for the past several months, I have been asking myself who in their right mind would implement a system that simply enters a panic mode when detecting the most crucial event a fighter pilot could experience. This isn't something that needs to be fixed, it should have been on the aircraft since release.

42 minutes ago, Matuchkin said:

Wait, so the RWR is supposed to tell you what direction you are being locked from? I should have known this, that is amazing. Literally, for the past several months, I have been asking myself who in their right mind would implement a system that simply enters a panic mode when detecting the most crucial event a fighter pilot could experience. This isn't something that needs to be fixed, it should have been on the aircraft since release.

Yes, the real one will tell you the direction until you are too close to the radar so it oversaturates all the radar receivers.  

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 1 month later...

Yeah it made sense when the RWR updates first came out because they were being tested, but at this point it's clear the implementation doesn't have any issues so there's no reason to not have it be the only way the RWR works. And the same goes for the gunsight of course

Edited by TLTeo
  • Like 4

+1

I don't understand why this hasn't happened already?!

• Like 3

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, rossmum said:

It really should be the default and only mode, we know it works, and it's more realistic than the old implementation.

Indeed! Has there been any statement by Leatherneck, why this hasn't happened yet??

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 5/18/2021 at 11:27 AM, QuiGon said:

Indeed! Has there been any statement by Leatherneck, why this hasn't happened yet??

Probably manpower issues. Ever sinve Magnitude 3 and Heatblur split Magnitude has been operating with very few people. I'm guessing that's why it takes so long to fix bugs or implement features. 

This does guve me concern about their ability to support multiple products in the future. They are already spread very thin with 3 modules they released. 

1 minute ago, Zweistein000 said:

Probably manpower issues. Ever sinve Magnitude 3 and Heatblur split Magnitude has been operating with very few people. I'm guessing that's why it takes so long to fix bugs or implement features. 

This does guve me concern about their ability to support multiple products in the future. They are already spread very thin with 3 modules they released. 

I see that, but it's not like they have to develop new functions for this, as the new function already exist. It just needs to be made default and replace the old one.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thanks! :thumbup:

• Like 4

Tornado3 small.jpg