DDI & AMPCD size and position in Hud-Only view

BobCee123

Hi

Is there any way to manually change the size and position of the DDIs and AMPCD in Hud-Only view?

I have a dual monitor setup (one on top of the other) and I am currently getting the view in the attached screenshot, which shows the view of both my upper and lower screen combined.

Is there a *.lua file which can be modified to manually adjust the sizes of the left & right DDIs, and the AMPCD, so they don't overlap like this?

Thanks

Bob

Screen_201229_142425.png

Edited by BobCee123
added position as a required editable parameter

• BobCee123 changed the title to DDI & AMPCD size and position in Hud-Only view

A quick update

I managed to adjust the size of the AMPCD, by adjusting values in the file called 'AMPCD_viewport_cfg.lua'

But I cannot seem to find how to adjust the position of this display.

Also, I cannot currently find a way to adjust the size nor position of the left & right DDIs - the corresponding files for the DDIs don't seem to contain the same adjustable parameters.

In the folder 'C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Scripts\Aircrafts\_Common\Cockpit', I found the file called 'ViewportHandling.lua', which has the words '-- positioning on screen in HUD Only view', so this seems like it would be exactly what I need to make some adjustments to, but I cannot determine how to edit it to get the changes I might need.

I will back the file up and experiment, but any advice from anyone who's experienced the same issue would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Bob

• Like 1

Figured it out - 

- Right & Left DDI size is controlled by adjusting values in 'ViewportHandling.lua' - I changed all values from 0.5 to 0.3 to reduce the size of these two displays

- AMPCD size and position is controlled by adjusting values in 'AMPCD_viewport_cfg.lua' - I changed the values on lines 13, 17, and 18 from 0.5 to 0.3, and left the values on line 21 as they were at 0.5, because I eventually realized they control the position of the display, and leaving them alone keeps the display centered. In my initial efforts, I changed all values to 0.3, and the display was shifted over to the left, overlapping the left DDI.

Might tweak the sizes a little, perhaps only for the AMPCD, but at least I got it figured out.

Does anyone know if it's possible to display LSKs on Hud-Only view? Now that would be really nice.

Anyway, in case anybody experienced the same thing, here's how to sort it out.

Screen_201230_200549.png

• Like 1