User files download section - better search / add multiple selection filters

ron533

Hi,
I would really appreciate if I could search better/more efficient in the Downloads - user files section,

for example, search all files types except skins 

meaning multiple select options of what I want to search in each category.

It is very annoying to sort through thousands of skin files (much welcome additions though )  which saturates the user files.

Possibly even save the past searches to favorites/bookmark to a user when he's logged in, if he wants to.

but filtering the search better is main priority.

Many thanks and happy new year!!

Ron

• Like 4

Callsign   SETUP

9 hours ago, ron533 said:

Just wondering,

Are posts here being acknowledged by the team, for good or bad, 

or they just die here and maybe or maybe not I'll see them implemented by surprise... 

😉

I think if you look back historically some of the better suggestions have been lifted and implemented over the years, obviously their dev time is finite and they can't do "everything", meaning many people probably feel they post for no reason. Mods do visit these threads tho - for sure, probably when something really interesting catches their eyes tho, which I am sure in turn gets passed along the right channels.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Phantom_Mark said:

I think if you look back historically some of the better suggestions have been lifted and implemented over the years, obviously their dev time is finite and they can't do "everything", meaning many people probably feel they post for no reason. Mods do visit these threads tho - for sure, probably when something really interesting catches their eyes tho, which I am sure in turn gets passed along the right channels.

Thanks for your reply!
I believe you are correct in your assumptions, however I would really like to get some kind of reaction from the staff, to know, not only assume, if this is going somewhere,

a backlog or the dumpster... 

Interaction is key here.

Just being ignored is a bummer...

I know not everything can be addressed quickly, but it should be at some point in time.
whats the point in a thread like this getting people to think, have ideas and suggest improvements or innovations, ending being ignored many times.

Does not help motivation.

Callsign   SETUP

19 hours ago, ron533 said:

Just wondering,

Are posts here being acknowledged by the team, for good or bad, 

or they just die here and maybe or maybe not I'll see them implemented by surprise... 

😉

My experience is that this type of requests may take time, but the better suggestions are implemented. My last suggestion for the User Files section took a bit more than a year to see fruition: 

It probably depends also on how much work the suggestion needs .. a moveable Kneeboard was wished for years, before we got it implemented just a month ago.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 12/29/2020 at 1:16 PM, ron533 said:

Hi,
I would really appreciate if I could search better/more efficient in the Downloads - user files section,

for example, search all files types except skins 

meaning multiple select options of what I want to search in each category.

It is very annoying to sort through thousands of skin files (much welcome additions though )  which saturates the user files.

Possibly even save the past searches to favorites/bookmark to a user when he's logged in, if he wants to.

but filtering the search better is main priority.

Many thanks and happy new year!!

Ron

+1

And in addition, I'd like to have a possibility to:

• Filter on multiple user file types simultaneously (e.g., filter on Persian Gulf, F/A-18C, singleplayer and multiplayer, Supercarrier)
  • Filter on all available modules (so maps and Supercarrier included)
  • Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• 1 month later...