The CAT got the HAWK

4H_Ccrashh

I'm experimenting with what I can get the AI to do together when spawning on the carrier using triggers to stagger the launches. The is no player controlled aircraft on deck yet.

On deck waiting to launch :

A rescue SH-60 that is spotted on the bow between the cats, uncontrolled and set to start engines when the carrier enters the trigger point two minutes after mission start.

Sitting on the cats ready to go are two F-18's. Dash-1 is on cat 1,  dash-2 is on cat 3 (that is where the sim put them) engines idling JBD's are down. They will not launch until after the helicopter takes off from the bow, which is all working perfectly.

The SH-60 starts up, takes off, assumes position starboard aft of the carrier, once clear of the bow the JBD's raise up and Hornet on cat one launches, followed shortly by the Hornet on cat 3.

Since there was nothing sitting on cat 2 I tried starting an E-2 to launch after the helo takes off. The game put the E-2 on cat 2.

So to cover it. On  cat 1 a Hornet, on cat 2 an E-2 and on cat 3 the second hornet. On the bow the SH-60 with an uncontrolled trigger start.

I start the mission,, Hornets on cats 1 and 3 idling, E-2 on cat 2 props spinning at idle with SH-60 on the bow.

Two minutes in the SH-60 starts up and takes off. Normally at this point the JBD's come up and the first Hornet launches, but  this time the JBD behind the Hornet on cat 3 comes up. The JBD's behind the Hornet on cat one and the E-2 on cat 2 do not raise up. Both Hornets  on cats 1 and 3 as well as the E-2 on cat 2 do not launch. The Hornet on cat 3 (with the JBD up) does not launch because it is waiting for dash-1 to go first.

If I remove the E-2 from the mission the Hornets launch from cats 1&3 normally. Put the E-2 back (game puts it on cat-2) and neither the Hornets or the Hawkeye launch. I can duplicate this.

If I start the E-2 uncontrolled using a trigger point from the ramp everyone launches.

As an experiment to this test I removed the SH-60 from the mission.

Hornets on cats1 and 3 , Hawkeye on cat 2. All set to take off immediately upon mission start.

Again nothing launched. So it appears that with combination of two Hornets and one Hawkeye in the above cat positions nothing launches.

Edited by 4H_Ccrashh

• ED Team

please include a short track replay showing it happen. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Here are the tracks. 

In track one the SH-60 is uncontrolled set to start engines just over one minute in, then take off. Once clear the Hornets go. As the Hornets go the Hawkeye is just in front of the island uncontrolled, it starts engines , goes to cat 2 and takes off. No issues at all.

In track two I set the Hawkeye to take off from the runway. The sim put it on the cat just like the Hornets, specifically on cat 2. The SH-60 Takes off, the JBD goes up behind the Hornet on cat 3 (not behind the Hornet on cat 1 or the Hawkeye on cat 2) but no one takes off..

In track three the Hornets and Hawkeye are on the cats. I removed the SH-60 completely. So in this case the birds on the cats should launch immediately. But nothing takes off. Of note here the the JBD's go up behind both Hornets, (not the Hawkeye) again nothing launches

In track four I removed the SH-60 and the Hawkeye. Both Hornets take off immediately. 

Of note, when building the mission the first aircraft placed is the SH-60 set to take off from the ramp uncontrolled. I can see in the mission builder that the sim puts it on cat 2. Maybe that is why the the second Hornet is on cat 3 instead of two. If that is the case that the sim sees cat 2 occupied so it puts the other Hornet on cat three then it would stand to reasaon that the Hawkeye added last to the mission when set to take off from the runway should be over on cat 4, but it isn't. The sim puts it on cat 2. does putting the helo uncontrolled start a bug cat 2? 

Track five is the same setup as track one with the following change, I removed the SH-60, this let the Hornets set to take off from runway launch immediately. The Hawkeye is parked in front of the island uncontrolled set to start engines in a couple of minutes. All works well the Hornets go then the Hawkeye. 

A question here. I created a new mission thinking that because I put the helo deck first that is the reason the second Hornet uses cat 3. So I put the Hornets on deck first all alone and started the mission. The second Hornet was still on cat 3. Should it be on cat 2?

I am not using any mods at all. This is version 2.5 (whatever the latest update is)

1.trk 2.trk 3.trk 4.trk 5.trk

Edited by 4H_Ccrashh