Menu performance issue

ollk22

So this is something I noticed most of all in the multiplayer menu, which use to sort itself out after a few minutes but does. However, it is also quite noticeable in the armament menu too!

Basically it is like the screen update slows right down, in the case of the MP menu to once every 2 seconds. I move the mouse, and I will be lucky if I can see where the new location is.

Same with the drop down menus in the arm and refuel menu within the game, but things are a lot quicker there... Still frustrating to see the menu take a while to populate and then selecting the weapon.

Game play is ok although I have to have graphics low if in VR.

I use a M.2 SSD.

The MP menu problem resolved with one update but them came back even worse after another update!

All graphics drivers are up to date.

Hi. The multiplayer slot selection menu can be very slow if you join a server with complex missions (with lots of units and lots of scripts). When you do, just wait a minute or two, and then select an aircraft.

The weapon selection menu is laggy, indeed. It's been reported already and ED have acknowledged this issue.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

8 minutes ago, Flappie said:

Hi. The multiplayer slot selection menu can be very slow if you join a server with complex missions (with lots of units and lots of scripts). When you do, just wait a minute or two, and then select an aircraft.

The weapon selection menu is laggy, indeed. It's been reported already and ED have acknowledged this issue.

It is the main selection menu that is slow as hell. It use to settle down in a few minutes but it has never been so bad as it is now! Almost unusable.

There should be an option that stops it populating until you start a search. Or being able to save the filters etc...

Same here.  Main Multiplayer server menu is slooooooow and has been for some time.

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

12 hours ago, Flappie said:

Here is how it looks on my side. I have to say I have a pretty good internet connection.

Do you get the same thing? Worse?

Thanks for the video, Flappie.  Way worse on my end.  I'll see if I can record and put up a video as well.

Edit:  Interesting, but my testing just now is better than it has been over the last few weeks.  It's still not smooth, but better.    I can keep track of my cursor whereas before it was like ollk22's issue of not being able to find it due to the stuttering.  I would move my mouse maybe 1/2" or so at a time so I didn't lose the cursor.

The only reason I can think that it's improved a bit is because we're here talking about it; it got concerned and is trying to act normal so it doesn't get removed from the Matrix, lol!  I will keep any eye on it.

Edit 2:  Here's a link to the video. 

The cursor is running pretty smooth early on, but gets worse the longer the loading takes.  How it's acting at the end (real choppy) is about as GOOD as it had been up till this testing for me.  It's like it would start loading with it acting that choppy, and then continue to worsen as the loading continued.  Again, no idea why, NOW, it's not doing that.  I will try to catch it if it's acting up again. 

Edited by CL30

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ah, it's much easier to understand your issue with a video, thanks.

• On my side: 30 seconds to retrieve the full servers list, with ZERO mouse lag,
  • On your side: 60 seconds to retrieve the full servers list, with a LOT of mouse lag.

I assume you're using the latest DCS version available. ED devs are on holidays for two weeks, so let's start by eliminating possible external causes:

1. VPN or proxy: If you're using one of these, can you access the internet without them?
  2. Firewall: Temporarily disable it, then run DCS and redo the test.
  3. Antivirus: Temporarily disable it, then run DCS and redo the test.
  4. Local network: please run this speed test and attach resulting screenshot, including the grey "Latency" figures (Average and Jitter). It should look like this.

Edited by Flappie

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 2 weeks later...

This is my internet. About to try no virus but I would be surprised...

[URL=https://www.speedtest.net/result/10724117725][IMG]https://www.speedtest.net/result/10724117725.png[/IMG][/URL]

10724117725.png

Edited by ollk22

Ah I just realised it just takes a loooooong time to populate everything. I am leaving it to see if things improve. I wonder if this is processor related as that is a bottleneck in my system.

This only highlights the issue that we need some way of limiting the server population system IMO that we can save. So for instance only starred servers come up, then we can search for specific servers or untick 'starred' (for example) for the full list.