Canopy Switch (no power)

Tusky

Hi all!

The canopy switch and electrical opening/closing of the canopy currently works without either generator/external electrical power or battery power (maximum five open/close cycles).

This shouldn't be the case since without power only the back-up crank system should be used to operate the canopy actuator.

So, either a back-up crank system should be implemented or the canopy should be operated as indicated above.

Thank you!

Let me understand... you entered the mission and then opened/closed the canopy over 5 times to deplete the battery? ... i have flown a lot of hours on the hornet and never once did i experienced this bug. Frankly, I believe there are a lot of more pressing issues, before having ED spend man-hours resources on fixing this.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Nope! 🙂

Without external power / without engine generator / without battery switch to ON, the canopy can be opened and closed:

"With no generator or external electrical power on the aircraft, battery power is available for at least five open/close cycles of the canopy. If no electrical power is available for canopy operation, a back-up crank system is provided to manually power the canopy actuator"

I assume that for battery power to be used, the battery switch should be at least in the ON position since the canopy is operated by the Utility battery:

"The utility battery powers the U BATT/maintenance bus directly which allows operation of the canopy and maintenance monitor on the ground without any other electrical power on the aircraft."

As it is now, once you enter a cold and dark plane you can open and close the canopy right away without doing anything. Looks strange to me after reading the above paragraphs... 🤔

I only reported a thing which I thought to be not realistic; I'm not asking for it to be fixed tomorrow. 😉

Edited by Xamik75

hace 47 minutos, cofcorpse dijo:

There is no error. As you quoted, there is the utility battery, that supplies power. It is connected almost directly to the canopy actuator, so BATT switch isn't needed.

Thank you for the explanation! 🙂

Edited by Xamik75