Still disappointing performance.

DmitriKozlowsky

Six months later, OK six months during pandemic later, and performance is still bottom .

Xeon E5-1630v4, 3.7Ghz-4Ghz, 64GB, RTX 2060 Super, RTX 3070, NVMe system, 2560X1440 @144hz. 

Instant action: Normandy/Free Flight  

RTX 2060 Super: 24 FPS

RTX 3070: 26-30 FPS.

I am sorry, but this performance is terrible.

24FPS is good for a flight sim more FPS is an overkill if you can’t achieve it consistently or you achieve stuttering that is a problem

Memory still plagues DCS and looks like 8Gb barely cuts it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only thing I can see is that Syria could be really intensive hopefully it becomes better soon

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LUCKY:pilotfly::joystick:

Computer Specs

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6-Core 3.4 GHz| GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 6Gb | RAM: 32 GB DDR4 @ 3000 MHz | OS: Win 10 64 bit | HD: 500 Gb SSD

Should we assume that you either missed or couldn't be bothered to read the comments some months ago from ED that they'd stopped significant work on performance with the existing engine and were moving towards the replacement?

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

5 minutes ago, Mr_sukebe said:

Should we assume that you either missed or couldn't be bothered to read the comments some months ago from ED that they'd stopped significant work on performance with the existing engine and were moving towards the replacement?

I must've too, is there a source?

I know there's Vulkan, but I must've missed something about stopping significant work on the current engine and moving towards a straight up rewrite or replacement.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

9 minutes ago, Mr_sukebe said:

I did....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Gonna say your cpu is bottlenecking you pretty bad.  New cpus at 5ghz should give much better performance numbers.

Also go in to your video card settings outside of the game and return everything to default.  There are a few settings in there that once activated the game slows down drastically.  I wish I could remember the settings to be more precise.

I have a 2080s and 6700k and 32 ram and I get better frames.  but I also tweaked my settings and bit in game.  and if I over clock my cpu the frames get better cause I am still severely bottlenecked by my cpu.

42 minutes ago, ruddy122 said:

24FPS is good for a flight sim more FPS is an overkill if you can’t achieve it consistently or you achieve stuttering that is a problem

Memory still plagues DCS and looks like 8Gb barely cuts it

The only thing I can see is that Syria could be really intensive hopefully it becomes better soon

Flight sims need at minimum 60 FPS. Actually FPS should be equal refresh rate. My system gives me 120 to 160 FPS. Sometimes on heavy missions, determined by units visible in view, drops to 90's.

F/A-18C is in 90's-100's

AV-8B is over 120 and averages 150-160

Mirage 2000 C has highest average sustained FPS of any modules I have.

VIggen almost as good as Mirage

Mig-19 . Similar to F/A-18C

F-14 A/B same as F/A-18C

JF-17 similar to AV-8B/NA

Only Viper , on my rig has poor performance. 

42 minutes ago, Mr_sukebe said:

Missed. Tottaly. Never heard of it. I don't own F-16. For obvious reason.

O just the viper,  that is crazy. I am not noticing any significant change between it and all the other craft.  Sorry I misunderstood.

ummm   maybe there is corrupt files for it,  have you tried removing the module and reinstalling it.  or doing a file verification check? ( the file check is more steam i think,  not sure if built in to the normal client )

Viper gives me the best performance out of all of EDs modern aircraft modules so It sounds like something else is going on.

My Suggestions:

I suggest not using instant action free flight missions to compare to other aircraft. These missions often have a lot of other units in to make it feel like a "living world" and sometimes can be very framrate heavy for some reasons (missions weirdness). They are also not all the same for each aircarft so don't allow direct comparisons. So Its best to open up the mission editior, plonk down an aircraft somewhere in a fresh mission, Select the aircraft you want to test, set its skill to "player" and then hit the green button on the left to test the mission. Then you can come back and change the aircraft to another one and test again. Then you know you're making a fair comparison.

If in the above comparison the F-16 is still very bad FPS for you then try below.

Delete the fxo and metashaders (or/and metashaders2) folders from your C:\Users\*yourname*\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta folder. This will clear out all of DCS's shader caches, expect longer loading times the first time back into the sim as it makes new ones - I do this for every update.

Delete or rename the options.lua from the  C:\Users\*yourname*\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config folder, you can change it to optionsbackup.lua for instance. This will cause DCS to create a new options lua. Downside of this is that you'll have to go through and set all your options again for your graphics/game and custom options for each aircaft. This can be annoying but I've found it can solve some of my FPS issues, specially after big updates. Note: It won't effect your aircraft keybindings.

Its a good idea to take some screenshots or pics on your phone of your option screens so you can easily set them the same afterwards.

Set the graphics options as you want and then try the F-16 and see if you have any improvement in FPS.

Edited by Deano87

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.