No command available for this device

Hi, was trying to add some more control bindings for the Harrier, however when I try & highlight the tab (in my case, its the TM mfd's I want to program some view controls onto) it is partially greyed out and I get the "no command available for this device" as I mouse over it. This is only for mfd's 1 & 2, 3 lets me bind stuff. I should add that 1 and 2 already have all the normal buttons assigned. The whole column for each mfd is a darker grey than the rest....

any ideas? Thanks

Edited by markturner1960

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Unfortunately, the Harrier is one of those modules that have the files "F16 MFD 1.lua" and "F16 MFD 2.lua" in the folder "...\joystick\".  If you absolutely want to use the switches/buttons on these devices, there are three options:

1. you delete these 2 files. They will be re-created by Update/Repair so you will have to delete them again.

2. you rename them. They will be re-created by Update/Repair so you will have to delete them again.

3. you copy the lines of code for the wanted commands from "default.lua" into the 2 files.
    DCS World will replace the modified files with the original ones when you Update or Repair. You need to have backups of the modified files and copy them back in after Update or Repair.
    This is best managed with OvGME.

If you are not using OvGME or JvGME already, I would recommend option 1.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

thx buddy....

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Hi, OK, I deleted the two files as per option 1, now, the 2 MDF columns are a light blue in colour and I can’t add any bindings...? Have I done something wrong? 

This doesn't make sense to me as the MPCD commands are all available in the "default.lua". Unfortunately I cannot look at your situation.
You can of course restore the 2 files from the recycle bin to get back to where you were before.

Sorry I cannot give more help as I don't have the F-16 MFD hardware.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

Just copy the “default.lua” for the aircraft you are using, and rename it as “F16 MFCD 1.lua”, and again as “F16 MFCD 2.lua”.  This should solve your problem and allow you to map any of the MFCD to your other controls (not axes).