Severe pitch up on takeoff

Nealius

Interesting @flyco it sounds like I do the same for nose trim nose down to the first short mark on the gauge (I call it 1/2 as there is bigger graduation above it which I thought was 1)

I set the rudder so as the O in PORT is facing upward

Anyway I throttle up smoothly not a slam, to +4 boost and leave the stick central throughout and she flies herself off. Ocassionally a very slight pull if she starts to bounce to lift her off the deck.

Start with rudder central, all that's required throughout is some brisk light dancing on the rudders to hold her straight

I find that if I go much over +4 boost or have the stick back she becomes much more of a handful.

22 hours ago, flyco said:

I set 1 degree nose-down, for take off, start with full aft stick, and use around 8" of boost (rudder full right trim).  Once the IAS exceeds around 80, i gently let the stick go forward to neutral and it flies itself of.  Once I am above 120 kias, I ease back very slightly, confirm a positive ROC and then retract the undercarriage (not the gear - this is a 1940's RAF aircraft!).

Its the bit from 0 to 80 kias and from 120 kias to 0 that I have problems with!!  

It is war time plane so mph not knots.

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor