Remote Tacan

Skyspin

I'm trying to put in a mission a remote Tacan that turns on and off periodically. I can start with it off, have it come on and transmit and then turn it off. However at this point I cannot get it to turn back on and have it repeat an on and off profile.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated.

Sincerely,

Skyspin

I5-4670K 4.3GHZ / 32GB DDR3 / EVGA 1080TI /HP Reverb G2 / ASUS Z-97A / SAMSUNG 500 GB SSD /Thrustmaster Warthog / RAZER Tartarus / CORSAIR Void Pro Wireless/  WIN 10

Hi, it can be done with a function scheduller using MIST.

Here an exemple mission (tanker named 'Shell' turns on and off beacon - 1X A/A - every 10 seconds. you can see it in the Player F16c cockpit by displaying TACAN T/R A/A page on Data Entry Display, showing BCN TKR on and off every 10 seconds. You can of course change the 10 seconds and the tacan settings by editing the script)

test-remote-beacon.miz

Thanks. I'm totally unfamiliar with MIST. Can you post the script of the scheduler function you used in the example so I can maybe see how it's written in the frame work.

Thanks again,

Skyspin

I5-4670K 4.3GHZ / 32GB DDR3 / EVGA 1080TI /HP Reverb G2 / ASUS Z-97A / SAMSUNG 500 GB SSD /Thrustmaster Warthog / RAZER Tartarus / CORSAIR Void Pro Wireless/  WIN 10

7 hours ago, toutenglisse said:

You can unzip my .miz file and you'll find the lua script in a folder (l10N\default\ folder) - it is this function MIST scheduleFunction - DCS World Wiki - Hoggitworld.com

Thanks again but all I see with the download is the miz. file with no zip file to be extracted to give the lua script...no (l10N\default\ folder)  Am I missing something?

Sincerely,

Skyspin..

Thanks again but all I see with the download is the miz. file with no zip file to be extracted to give the lua script...no (l10N\default\ folder)  Am I missing something?
Sincerely,
Skyspin..
Hey Skyspin,

You can rename the *.miz to *.zip, then unzip it nomally using your preferred extractor.

Cheers!

🥃

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

W10 Home 64Bit, Intel Skylake I5 6600K 3.50GHz, ASUS ROG Stryx Z270F MoBo, 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3200 RAM, Samsung 960 Pro 512GB M.2 SSD (OS), Samsung 850 Pro 512GB SSD, 2TB Seagate SDHD, 2TB WD Green HDD, GALAX GTX GeForce 1070 EXOC Sniper White 8GB VRAM

Thanks for your help. All I get is the miz file and not the lua script when I extract using 7zip. Maybe you just sent the miz file by itself? Anyway thanks for your time and effort to create the example mission as it does illustrate what I'm trying to include in a mission. I certainly need to learn more about MIST.

Sincerely,

Skyspin

OK. Got it now. Thanks. Don't know what the difficulty was but its open fine now. Again thanks so much. A big help.

Sincerely,

Skyspin

• 3 weeks later...

With much appreciation for the help, I am still having difficulty achieving results with the script file. I am totally lost when it comes to learning the lua script...cannot get past print ("Hello World")..after that the light bulb will not come on in my head. watching many videos and reading tutorials just confuses me. Sorry but that's why I'm humbly asking for help.

The example provided by toutenglisse is much appreciated but what I'm looking for is to have a TACAN Beacon (Man Portable) TTS 3030.  turn on, turn off, turn on, etc etc.. The example mission he provided is of an airborne tanker which works perfectly but is not a remote Man portable Tacan beacon. When I plug in the values from the Beacon Type .lua  in the DCS World Open Beta > Scripts > World > Radio folder, I'm using type 4 and in the system I'm using 18...(from Beacon Sites)..I just get errors....(I've tried other types and systems too).

I'm so sure this can be done but I just cannot figure it out and all I can do is reach out again.

Appreciate all help and thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Skyspin

toutenglisse  Thanks so much. Working very well now and will be perfect for the Syrian mission I'm designing. I've even had success with changing the frequency to another channel rather than 1X. I'm thinking that some of my problems were a too older version of Notepad++ besides not able to get the correct system in the script.....plus my difficulty grasping LUA.

Thanks again and I appreciate that members will readily come to the aid of those seeking help.

Sincerely,

Skyspin

On 12/27/2020 at 8:23 PM, toutenglisse said:

Hi, it can be done with a function scheduller using MIST.

Here an exemple mission (tanker named 'Shell' turns on and off beacon - 1X A/A - every 10 seconds. you can see it in the Player F16c cockpit by displaying TACAN T/R A/A page on Data Entry Display, showing BCN TKR on and off every 10 seconds. You can of course change the 10 seconds and the tacan settings by editing the script)

test-remote-beacon.miz 58.33 kB · 12 downloads

Hi, just wondering where you got the frequency = 1088000000 for 1X?

I've searched for band/frequency charts and whatever I saw, 1X was not 1088000000Hz.

Thanks,

-Wraith