EasyEB

Is it just me or has the GBU-12 lost its reliable accuracy? I used to always be able to take out a tank reliably with one GBU-12, but as of one of the later updates to the game they seem to miss the target by a couple of meters, enough to not take out a tank about half the time.

It seems like it may be wind related. So either its the way its supposed to be now, but was wrong before. Either way, not it's like they are not correcting for wind, but consistently hit off where the wind is blowing. 

If I have for example 10 kts wind from the south, the GBU-12 will hit a couple of meters north of the laser spot, in the same spot every time no matter what direction I attack from. Shouldn't the bomb correct for wind?

Edited by EasyEB

• 2 weeks later...

AFAIK IRL Winds will have very little effect on guided bombs. Continous lasing should be used to keep the FOV from drifting to far off after release. 10knots wind is ridiculously low and no factor for a gbu. And works fine for me unless the laser spot is over a weird model and overspills or something. 

Edited by Madone

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

I had this yesterday afternoon.

Never noticed it before.

The setup was the same as always (we've got a training range in our training mission) and the bomb consistently missed by 2-3 meters (long) when flying against the wind, and did hit when flying in the wind.

Tried entering the LASTE parameters, same difference.

Tried the same with GBU54 in JDAM mode : no problem.

The flight path of the '54 is very different from the '12's : they go above the target and drop down from there, where the '12 glide to the target with a relatively low angle of impact.

The trk file is probably corrupted, my plane doesn't even take off.

If you want, you can use my mission, take off from Batumi, and go bomb tanks on the Kobuleti range (waypoint 1).

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

• ED Team

please include short track examples so we can take a look. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2