DCS latest update and CPU performance changes - THANK YOU!

Dangerzone

A huge thank you to ED for the improvements that I'm seeing in CPU. For the first time on heavy multi player maps I'm seeing my CPU framerates lower than my GPU frame rates! Haven't even noticed any stuttering at all lately.

Massive improvement! Thank you!

Hopefully others are seeing similar improvements where they've had CPU issues.

• Like 3

I wonder what they did to improve the efficiency?

• Like 1

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

Hmmm  you have have hyperthreading on ? I can see my cpu frame times a lower with on. Higher gpu load. When off goes up cpu frametime and lower gpu frametime.

8700k 32 gb 2080 ti

Edited by Mking

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

They could have fixed the potential zombie terrain thread ... which I so apologize for not reporting since summer or even earlier IIRC, because I got tangled up with other work and couldn't finish the testing and making of the report. Thankfully I'm finally literally hours away from installing fresh Win10 and DCS as we speak, albeit on the same (secondary) PC as the new one is still WIP (be gone scalpers!), right in time for the free play period (sort of, missed a few days oh well)

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria