How to actually "see" the Super Carrier?

Sr.

So I bought the Hornet, and have installed the free to play SC module to check it out... so far I've yet to see the thing, only a small, crewless, ghost town of a carrier.

I see it loaded via module manager. Is it supposed to show up under the other map modules?(Caucuses, Persian Gulf, Syria etc)

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

The Super Carrier (SC) is it's own module so  it will not replace other carriers in pre-existing missions you may be running. Edit a mission and swap out the new SC or make a quick new mission in the editor and add the SC to the mission. Then you should have no problems seeing the carrier and enjoying the experience. Note: If editing an existing mission make a back up first so if something does get pooched the original mission isn't toast.

Good luck and happy flying!

Edited by Oozler

19 minutes ago, Oozler said:

The Super Carrier (SC) is it's own module so  it will not replace other carriers in pre-existing missions you may be running. Edit a mission and swap out the new SC or make a quick new mission in the editor and add the SC to the mission. Then you should have no problems seeing the carrier and enjoying the experience. Note: If editing an existing mission make a back up first so if something does get pooched the original mission isn't toast.

Good luck and happy flying!

yeeeeeah... I dunno who to do any of that  😕

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

--Arthur C Clark

1 hour ago, Sr. said:

yeeeeeah... I dunno who to do any of that  😕

There are missions using the Supercarrier under the Missions menu.

You can buy the Raven One campaign, which uses the Supercarrier already, so you won't have to fiddle with anything on your own.

Alternatively, these are two free, user-made campaigns:
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3308483/
https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3309923/

They are well made, in my opinion. They both use the Supercarrier.

From the first link:

INSTALLATION

Unzip this file to: C:\Users\[ Your Name ]\Saved Games\DCS\Missions\Campaigns\en
    (or wherever your saved games are located)

You can then access them from the Campaign menu in the game, under My Campaigns list.

• Thanks 1

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Here is very basic mission (based in Persian Gulf map) that can be used for touch and go landings. It has an air start, no opposition, but I have just added a carrier spawn as well so you can take your pick of air start or carrier start. Save to the Missions sub-dir under C:\Users\"named"\Saved Games\DCS\

Sample FA18 SCarrier Touch and Go Persian G.miz

Edited by Mangrove Jack
Changed file

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

^^

Thanks y'all 

--Arthur C Clark