adding DCS to my Steam library?

fitness88

Yes you can add 3rd party games through the Add Games button at the bottom of Steam Game library.

Advantages... it used to be you can change per application setting by doing this but doesn't seem to work for me anymore.  Maybe I have to re-add it after every Steam update.

Another advantage is that you can start DCS directly from SteamVR Home so you don't have to start it from desktop first.

That's about it I think.

And No, it doesn't affect your license and Yes, you still can run without Steam.

5 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

Yes you can add 3rd party games through the Add Games button at the bottom of Steam Game library.

Advantages... it used to be you can change per application setting by doing this but doesn't seem to work for me anymore.  Maybe I have to re-add it after every Steam update.

Another advantage is that you can start DCS directly from SteamVR Home so you don't have to start it from desktop first.

That's about it I think.

And No, it doesn't affect your license and Yes, you still can run without Steam.

Thanks for the information!

Opening DCS from desktop is 1 click, seems to me to be the quicker way but I do believe there are some unique Steam features you can use with DCS.

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the information!
Opening DCS from desktop is 1 click, seems to me to be the quicker way but I do believe there are some unique Steam features you can use with DCS.
Well, you can stream DCS to another computer. Apart from that DCS standalone gets no features as an added 3rd party to Stream library, except for what Taz says, as far as I know. And even the Steam version of DCS has no benefits either as far as I can tell.
Cheers

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

On 1/10/2021 at 11:52 PM, MAXsenna said:

Well, you can stream DCS to another computer. Apart from that DCS standalone gets no features as an added 3rd party to Stream library, except for what Taz says, as far as I know. And even the Steam version of DCS has no benefits either as far as I can tell. emoji6.png
Cheers

To stream DCS to another computer they would have to be using Steam as well, correct, can't do it via pc to pc connection?

To stream DCS to another computer they would have to be using Steam as well, correct, can't do it via pc to pc connection?
I can stream to a lesser computer, or to the TV. You have to opt in for Steam Beta though. But yes, Steam client is off course needed.
Cheers!