Enemy Within M07

Madone

Is there any way to get the wingman to strike targets from above the overcast? In this mission you have air defenses threats to neutralize while staying above clouds but the wingman is "unable" even though I broadcast my SPI. When I got him under the clouds he got shot down by AAA obviously as the cloud ceiling was very low. If anyone has successfully employed the wingman on this one please share! Thanks

Edited by Madone

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

3 hours ago, Madone said:

Is there any way to get the wingman to strike targets from above the overcast? In this mission you have air defenses threats to neutralize while staying above clouds but the wingman is "unable" even though I broadcast my SPI. When I got him under the clouds he got shot down by AAA obviously as the cloud ceiling was very low. If anyone has successfully employed the wingman on this one please share! Thanks

Is this the mission where you are striking the enemy camp that is in the mountains?  Where there are AAA emplacements on the left and right sides of the entrance to the complex, and there is an enemy helo that is reported to be on site and lifting?

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Just now, Madone said:

@Ziptieyes it's exactly this one, I died 3 times trying to go on an ETD with guns lmao

I haven't played this campaign in at least a year (possibly more) - but when I did, I set mark points on the surface to air threats - then employed JDAMs on them from above the cloud layer, to avoid being shot down.  Then used Maverick employment on the surface to air threats that were further inside the compound.  As for commanding the wingman to attack things, I've personally always found this "feature" as near useless with DCS.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Exactly what I did but I run out of gbu's and always get at least 2 remaining AAA's so the mission doesn't want to end as it's the GC intent... I agree with you on the wingman, he's a burden most of the time and problem is there are JTAC's on the ground but they pass me only 2 sets of grids and you can't use them for further targets. This mission is kind of getting on my nerves as pre planned grids for the bunkers are not the AAA's grids which are next to it, getting under the clouds isn't what you'd want to do IRL, the terrain around the target area makes up for a late tally. Bad mission design regarding the JTAC IMO.

Edited by Madone

Strike Posture Set CAS Center of Excellence

Intel Core i5 4690k @4,6Ghz, Gigabyte GTX 970 OC, Gigabyte Z97-X, 16GB G Skill Sniper @2400, Samsung 860/850 EVO , Win 10 64 bits, Dual monitors 27"@144"Opentrack + TM Warthog + Saitek pro flight combat 

• 4 weeks later...

I cheated a bit for this one. Seems you don’t have enough bombs to cover the two JTAC targets and the three main mission targets. Particularly as the other guy won’t help. So I do this one with unlimited ammo, and carpet bombed the main target area through the clouds. TAD EXP2 helped a lot to add mark points around the general area. Look a while to adjust the mark points to get both AAA. Almost ran out of fuel. 

• 1 month later...