Boom operator kills you in multiplayer

THE BUG: Whenever refueling with the KC135 after disconnecting from the boom once and trying to refuel again, the boom operator does something weird, and you pitch up and lose control of the aircraft, killing you and the tanker.

REPRODUCING THE BUG: This only happens in multiplayer after being disconnected from the boom at least once, even when you are perfectly on profile(according to the guidance lights on the tanker). It happens on the F16, I have not tried other aircraft.

MY SPECS: 

i5 8400

gtx 1050ti

16gb ram

TRACK AND VIDEO:

• ED Team

would need to see a track replay if you have one. 

If you are trying to reconnect after a full disconnect you will need to declare your intent to refuel again, maybe this is the issue? 

thanks 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

On 12/28/2020 at 11:58 PM, BIGNEWY said:

If you are trying to reconnect after a full disconnect you will need to declare your intent to refuel again, maybe this is the issue? 

thanks 

has this behavior been introduced recently? tankers have never called "return pre-contact" in previous versions and you could disco/reco at as much as needed with the viper aar

Action After Contemplation

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/31/2020 at 11:42 PM, ilikepie said:

has this behavior been introduced recently? tankers have never called "return pre-contact" in previous versions and you could disco/reco at as much as needed with the viper aar

If you get too far out of the "slot", boomer will tell you to Return Pre-Contact as a help to get stable again

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

I may be way off base but this looks quite similar to the problem I have been experiencing.  It is the reason I was browsing this post.  I am not using multi-player.  I am working on Air-to-Air Refueling(AAR) in the F-16c Viper. The lower colored extension segment of the boom is like the drogue basket for Navy planes in that it will pass through the aircraft being refueled.  (I have seen the boom going at my chest.) However, the upper segment of the boom, with the "wings", will not pass through the aircraft about to be refueled.  (I ran my aircraft into the upper segment of the boom while using the external view.)  When I am close to being in position to be refueled, quite frequently I apparently hook the "wings" of the boom under my wings and pull both planes down.   It looks like from your video something like this could be happening.

Apparently you can take down both planes simply by moving your aircraft too far forward where your tail inadvertently strikes the upper part of the boom.   The Boomer is not moving the boom out of the way.  Perhaps you are already aware of this aspect.  

Apparently, after you have unhooked from the tanker, the boomer is not moving the boom.  If you move forward, the front of your tail can catch the wings on the upper segment of the boom, knocking you upwards and taking down both planes.