VSN Northrop Grumman EA-6B Prowler

Hawkeye60

Just saw that the air refuel receptacle position was off. Tried to fix it for fun....

Fuel_Receptacle_Pos.jpg

The correct position is:

air_refuel_receptacle_pos =     {8.006, 1.475, 0.115},

This belongs in the EA_6B.lua if anybody is interested.

Edited by Easy-P
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

1 hour ago, Easy-P said:

Just saw that the air refuel receptacle position was off. Tried to fix it for fun....

The correct position is:

air_refuel_receptacle_pos =     {8.006, 1.475, 0.115},

This belongs in the EA_6B.lua if anybody is interested.

I'm interested 🙂 ... thanks a lot for sharing this 👍

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I've made a template for the new fueltank PTB 275.

For now i just copied the dds files into a folder i created in ..\Bazar\World\textures named 'AeroWeapons'. It will affect the F-5 tank, just so you know.

Here is the dropbox link to the template  -->  https://www.dropbox.com/s/snzfp5ak4gf9i2o/PTB275_template.7z?dl=0

To add the tank to the plane, just add this at the beginning to your EA_6B.lua.

->  { CLSID = "{0395076D-2F77-4420-9D33-087A4398130B}" ,arg_value = 0.0},     -- PTB-275

1.jpg

2.jpg

DCS 2021-01-12 21-44-10.jpg

Edited by Easy-P
  • Like 3

First post up-dated.

New version!

V1.0 20210117

Change logs,

- wing tip position
- Hook position
- air refuel position
- AN-ALQ-99
- overwing Vapor
- SFM Data from MagicSlave (Testing)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Thanks for the work! Nice to see some more liveries have been added. Cant wait to see that Prowler and the improved flight model in action, I just updated a mission I'm gonna use it in.

Since I wanna put that beautiful jet all over my flight decks: Does anyone know how many Prowlers on deck could be considered "normal"?

Edited by Tomcatter87

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

2 hours ago, Tomcatter87 said:

Thanks for the work! Nice to see some more liveries have been added. Cant wait to see that Prowler and the improved flight model in action, I just updated a mission I'm gonna use it in.

Since I wanna put that beautiful jet all over my flight decks: Does anyone know how many Prowlers on deck could be considered "normal"?

4 to 6 seems to be the norm

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 9:49 AM, Hawkeye60 said:

First post up-dated.

New version!

V1.0 20210117

Change logs,

- wing tip position
- Hook position
- air refuel position
- AN-ALQ-99
- overwing Vapor
- SFM Data from MagicSlave (Testing)

Glad to see that this Mod keeps being improved, thanks a lot for sharing this with the community 🙂

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Great mod!

I noticed when landing in Hama on the Syria map, the prowler bumps in to the hangar when parking since the wings are wider than the hangar. It then explodes. Is there any way to configure it to prevent it trying to enter the hangar?

On 12/24/2020 at 8:03 AM, Hawkeye60 said:

For your consideration and enjoyment,

I present to you,

The VSN Northrop Grumman EA-6B Prowler

Wow! This is simply amazing! You are so talented! Thanks for sharing this with the community!

PC Setup: i7-8700K CPU @5 GHz | 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200 MHz | EVGA RTX 3080 GPU | LG 27GL83A-B 27" Ultragear QHD IPS 1ms 144Hz NVIDIA G-SYNC Compatible Gaming Monitor | VKB Gunfighter Mk.III ‘Space Combat Edition’ Premium Grip | TrackIR5 system | Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle.

Airframes: A10C | A10CII | F/A-18C | F-14A/B | F-16C | F-5E | F-86F | JF-17 | M-2000C | AV-8B | MiG-15Bis | MiG-15Bis | Ka-50 Black Shark 2 helicopter | FC3. (All  purchased on STEAM)

Modules: Supercarrier | WW2 Assets Pack | Raven One | Serpent's Head 2 | The Ultimate Argument | The Georgian War | Aggressors BFM | M-2000C Red Flag | F-15C Red Flag | Aggressors ACM | The Enemy Within 3.0 | A-10C Red Flag | The Museum Relic Campaign. (All purchased on STEAM)

Maps: Persian Gulf | Nevada NTTR. (All purchased on STEAM)

Amazing model and functionality! KUDOS!

This model will come in handy, once ED finished the ECM feature of the hornet. Maybe we'll have basic electronic warfare capabilities for AI flights soon. *fingersCrossed*

Many thanks to all who made this great model possible.  I noticed that after a carrier takeoff the launch bar does not retract and will protrude out the nose gear cover after the nose gear is retracted.

Changing this line in the LaunchBar section of the .lua file will fix the problem.

Change (should be the last line in the LaunchBar section):
{Transition = {"Stage", "Extend"},   Sequence = {{C = {{"ChangeDriveTo", "Mechanical"}, {"Arg", 85, "from", 0.745, "to", 1.0, "in", 0.2}}}}},

To:
{Transition = {"Pull", "Retract"},   Sequence = {{C = {{"ChangeDriveTo", "Mechanical"}, {"Arg", 85, "from", 0.745, "to", 0.0, "in", 0.2}}}}},

Rusty

• Thanks 1

First post up-dated

Up-date 1/23/2021

Posted by Kobra.

For immediate release.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

Posting error corrected.

The proper file is now attached on the first post.

Sorry for any confusion.

Hawkeye, Im a little confused, what has been changed in this update?

He has released a new collision file.

To correct wing collision errors.

On 1/18/2021 at 5:40 AM, Tomcatter87 said:

5 embarked. 2-3 on deck.

• Like 1

DO it or Don't, but don't cry about it. Real men don't cry!

1 hour ago, Jackjack171 said:

In the Air Wings I served with, there were only 4-5 Prowlers onboard at any given time. On deck 2-3, give or take what's airborne!

1 hour ago, Jackjack171 said:

5 embarked. 2-3 on deck.

Thanks for clarifying that.  I was trying to be helpful, but my navy time did not include CV time, just a few months on the last LPH/MCS before it decommed then shore.  I was using the gonavy.jp site for reference as it gives squadrons and side numbers as well as sometimes serials (great site for references) 

Edited by USSInchon
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...