Anti-Ship Cruise Missile Intercept Quick Missions

MBot

I think the HB's selection of quick missions is missing one of the Tomcat's and the Phoenix' signature job, that of destroying anti-ship cruise missiles. I therefore went ahead and created these two small and simple quick missions, featuring a deck launched intercept against incoming ASM, either low flying SS-N-12 Sandbox or high flying AS-4 Kitchen.

F-14A_QuickMission_Vampires_AS-4.miz

F-14A_QuickMission_Vampires_SS-N-12.miz

For the AS-4 mission I reduced the loadout to just 4 Phoenix and nothing else, as the F-14A cannot currently haul more to the speeds and altitude necessary to make the intercept work. I don't know if this still is supposed to change in the future or not. If so it might be possible to add additional Phoenix.

The Phoenix performance against the AS-4 is a bit hit and miss at the moment and results can greatly vary. This used to work a lot better at some time in the past and I am also not sure if this is related to current Phoenix issues and is supposed to improve in the future.

Can you defend your battle group? Have fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The alert 5 mission in PG features that 😛

But anyway, that's a great initiative! Do you want me to add them to the quickstart missions? 🙂

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

20 hours ago, IronMike said:

The alert 5 mission in PG features that 😛

But anyway, that's a great initiative! Do you want me to add them to the quickstart missions? 🙂

Really?  I've flown that a dozen times at least in the B and never noticed.  Jester never mentioned it.  Splashed plenty of the F-4 and Su-24... 

Specs & Wishlist:

Core i9 9900k 5.0Ghz, Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero, 64GB G.Skill Trident 3600, Asus RoG Strix 3090 OC, 2TB x Samsung Evo 970 M.2 boot. Samsung Evo 860 storage, Coolermaster H500M, ML360R AIO

HP Reverb G2, Samsung Odyssey+ WMR; VKB Gunfighter 2, MCG Pro; Virpil T-50CM v3; Slaw RX Viper v2

14 hours ago, Rock3tman_ said:

Tried these today, had some difficulty picking up the AS-4s at all. Is there a guide of some sort on how to fly this kind of intercept?

You want to be as high and fast as possible. What I do is a Zone 5 climb to 37'000 ft at M0.9, then dive to about 30'000 ft to accelerate to M1.2 as quickly as possible, then smoothly climb and accelerate further.

You want to have the radar about 5° high, so I order Jester to scan at 70'000 ft at 75 NM. Let him have the radar in TWS-Auto and as soon as the radar gets the missiles it follows them in elevation. You should detect the targets at about 70 NM. Shoot as soon as you get solid tracks (the farther out you fire the better).

• Like 1