Neither F-14 A nor B are available for country Argentina ;)

Baco

13 hours ago, BreaKKer said:

It’s almost like Argentina never operated F-14s...

Pleas leave the Tupperware once in your life 😉

By the way Tomcats never operated on the Caucasus, every training mission should be deleted GEEZ...

Hi guys, Thanks for the Tips, but yeah its not the "historical thingie" ( I can ee F-8´s, 16´s, etc....

Its a Bug I get the AJS 37 fine, and every other flyable, just not the tomcats...

18 hours ago, Baco said:

Pleas leave the Tupperware once in your life 😉

By the way Tomcats never operated on the Caucasus, every training mission should be deleted GEEZ...

Hi guys, Thanks for the Tips, but yeah its not the "historical thingie" ( I can ee F-8´s, 16´s, etc....

Its a Bug I get the AJS 37 fine, and every other flyable, just not the tomcats...

Not a bug, the current F-14s are available to the US, USAF aggressors and coalition factions. The current F-14A is also available to Iran until the correct F-14A is added.

• Like 4

Oh you mean I can´t fly the Module I bought for the country I feel like? You are kidding right?

Every other flyable module is available fr every country..  I please beg you to reconsider...

Otherwise Y kind of feel cheated...

Whats next restrict witch Map you fly it in?

AND may I ask why the change in policy? THE US nor USN ever flew the AJS 37 still f you choose USA  or Russia, or USSR for that matter....you can fly it.. 

Edited by Baco

It wasn't a change in policy, we just didn't think of it. We added the F-14 to the countries that flew it historically. But as it's an easy thing to change we are going to as most other aircraft is set up that way anyway. It would in my personal opinion be nice if this was added as an additional functionality of the ability to restrict aircraft to their real service dates. As it currently is almost all aircraft are added to all countries anyway, and having the option to have them restricted to realistic countries would solve a lot.  I'm not promising when it'll change but I wouldn't be suprised if it did next patch.

That said this has nothing to do with maps etc and I'm having a hard time how we could've been cheating anyone by adding an aircraft to the countries that actually flew it. I don't seem to remember promising an Argentinian F-14! 😉

Edited by Naquaii

OK, Thank You for taking the time to answer me Naquaii. 

It really feels bitter not to be able to fly a Module under whatever country you want.

I reacted badly because I really thought it was the norm with every module, to be able to be flown in any country but now, I realize the SU 33 is the same Only Red factions, witch is kind of limiting, Specially when DCS has no coherence at all Neither with theaters, dates, or Assets...

Being a "sandbox" its fun to come up with new scenarios and "What if", and not only Historical scenarios that By the Way are very limited in DCS, frames do not match, maps do not match, assets don´t either, there is no real Opfor for many modules...

So being absolute and strict on certain things makes me go: What the hell?

Anyway Thanks for your time.

Edited by Baco

Why does it even matter what country the jet is available for? The only thing that matters is coalition: red, blue, or neutral. That's it. Furthermore, "all other aircraft work for all countries" is entirely false. The F-14 isn't the only module with country restrictions in the Mission Editor. Nearly all modules have country restrictions.

Edited by Nealius

4 hours ago, Naquaii said:

As it currently is almost all aircraft are added to all countries anyway, and having the option to have them restricted to realistic countries would solve a lot.

I mean, isn't that kind of on the Mission makers to do some homework?

Yes it should be call of the mission designer what aircraft to be assigned to what coalition/country. If I want to do what if scenario/campaign such as that Argentina bought F-14s in 1983 and fought someone with them, I find it downright ******* not to be able to do so. This goes for ED and any other module too.

I agree with you guys and I do think the best solution would have a standard mode that allows aircraft for the correct countries and times but one which you could override. The current one only overrides service time but it would be nice to have it be the same for countries as well. That way you have help designing more historical missions but can choose not to.

A tip is that you can edit an aircrafts country in it's entry.lua to add an aircraft to a specific country for a mission in the ME and then change the lua back. The mission will still be the same. Afaik at least.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1