Static Airfield Ground Objects - Existing in world already

Phantom_Mark

ED and other official content have some rather excellent static airfield and other world objects, would be really cool if you could open these assets up to the mission editor as the assets are already built ? Unless there is some technical reason why this proves difficult that I don't understand - other than the "time" aspect which I appreciate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, as well as other static objects such as ships, provided you own the map.

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Wholeheartedly Agree!

The tedium of building static templates takes away from valuable flight time. And while I enjoy getting sucked into my beloved mission editor, including them along with new maps would be so cool. Historically based force dispositions, battles & such would be the cherry on top. 

They could also be released along w/asset packs too. Not just a map. 

I love wishin. . .

Long Time Reader/First Forum Poster

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well that would be a lot of work for a free of charge template.

I'm making a lot of NTTR Red Flag scenario templates, these spawn static AC and Helos to Tonopah - RED and Nellis AFB - BLUE as these two are main homeplates in RL Red Flag scenarios.

The trouble is that it's very time consuming, I had to manually position every static object (Plane, Helo, soldier, vehicle etc.) and to play with it so there would be some liveliness for each mission. I hate static AC when they're all alligned perfectly, there's has to be some inperfection in that harmony to make it appear lifelike.

So there's like 150 + static objects at Nellis and 120+ at Tonopah and many mission irellevant active vehicles that just drive around, hover, and fly-by doing nothing in particular but to make those airfields look alive and populated.

Off course I had to fine tune everything because some of the Red Flag missions require 5-6 hours to complete...You replenish fuel by hitting Tanker at least twice and RTB only to re-arm. So I had to keep same or similar airfield dynamics during mission start and 6 hours later when You finally land and grab something to eat.

Each mission has different layout, for instance if there are static Spanish EF-18 parked at Nellis on Day 1 of a Red Flag but the next day they're active AI units doing some SEAD across the map I had to remove their static version from parking area. 

Now think of all the time it takes...

Now every airfield has different geometry so You can't make one static airfield template and move it from one place to another. Same with terrain...you can't create a template of let's say FOB and move it around the map. Roads, rivers, creeks, terrain inclination and flat surface area prevent you form doing any complex templates with many objects included.

Edited by Vekkinho
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]