BS3 still happening?

ResonantCard1

Hi, I recently read that BS3 has been put on hold after being delayed earlier this year. When can we expect it to be released? I also read the Apache was coming in 2021 (by Kate on the Discord), if that's the case, is the BS3 even going to happen?

• Like 1

Main: MiG-21bis, because pocket rockets are fun

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

14 hours ago, ResonantCard1 said:

Is this especulation? What has ED said about this?

ED said that it is still happening.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Apache and Hind come first. That's where the hype and money is.
Unless it's a very obvious issue (like Vikhr elevation recently) ED doesn't even bother responding to issues, no matter how long we've known about them. Even releasing a list of planned improvements is asking too much.

That's how little ED cares about their oldest module and customers. 24 and 64 will probably bring in a lot new players they can let hanging in a few years, so why bother.

17 minutes ago, fudabidu said:

Unless it's a very obvious issue (like Vikhr elevation recently) ED doesn't even bother responding to issues, no matter how long we've known about them. Even releasing a list of planned improvements is asking too much.

That's how little ED cares about their oldest module and customers. 24 and 64 will probably bring in a lot new players they can let hanging in a few years, so why bother.

It did just get a nice cockpit makeover, for free. That's not nothing.

I just bought it (on sale!) and I think it's great. And if BS3 comes out and I get a discount on the upgrade, I'll be delighted.

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

• ED Team
On 12/23/2020 at 4:59 PM, ResonantCard1 said:

Hi, I recently read that BS3 has been put on hold after being delayed earlier this year. When can we expect it to be released? I also read the Apache was coming in 2021 (by Kate on the Discord), if that's the case, is the BS3 even going to happen?

BS3 is currently on hold, but will continue in 2021. We will share more news when we are ready.

thanks

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

4 hours ago, Sh4rk said:

Did they hint when?

I haven't seen any communication from them about it since January, unless I missed something.

No, no news on when, just that it is still happening:

On 12/18/2020 at 8:52 PM, Minsky said:

From Kate Perederko (dotrugirl) on Discord:

[...]

7. The development of the clickable Mig-29 9-12 will start after the Black Shark 3.

(Kate is the ED CEO)

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

16 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

BS3 is currently on hold, but will continue in 2021. We will share more news when we are ready.

thanks

Is this the same "on hold" that the Phantom ended up in?

16 hours ago, fudabidu said:

Yeah I think the same. The Hind will come before the Apache because they have to polish Multicrew and the AI, but the Apache is more likely to come first. And if it comes first, why even bother with BS3? It'll just be a waste of money for ED to make because just a handful of players (Ka-50 enthusiasts) are going to buy it, the rest are going to stick to the Apache

• ED Team

16 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

thanks

I think I made it clear, it will continue in 2021. 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, ResonantCard1 said:

Is this the same "on hold" that the Phantom ended up in?

Yeah I think the same. The Hind will come before the Apache because they have to polish Multicrew and the AI, but the Apache is more likely to come first. And if it comes first, why even bother with BS3? It'll just be a waste of money for ED to make because just a handful of players (Ka-50 enthusiasts) are going to buy it, the rest are going to stick to the Apache

Because ED wants us to enjoy blasting Apaches out of the sky in our lovely brand new Blacksharks.  :drinks_cheers:

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

• ED Team
11 hours ago, ResonantCard1 said:

So dangerously close to the Apache, got it. At least it hasn't been cancelled just yet

No, 

Mi-24 before apache. Again when we are ready to share more news we will.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

23 hours ago, ResonantCard1 said:

So dangerously close to the Apache, got it. At least it hasn't been cancelled just yet

In what dimension are you living?! The Apache is still quite far away, unlike BS3 or the Hind.

• Like 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 12/30/2020 at 12:43 PM, QuiGon said:

In what dimension are you living?! The Apache is still quite far away, unlike BS3 or the Hind.

Well all we know is that the Hind is happening this year, and that work on BS3 will continue this year. We don't know exactly when BS3 is going to release just like we don't know exactly when the Apache is going to release. If it's going to release with relatively few complex systems then it's entirely possible that the BS3 and Apache releases are close together enough so that people will see themselves forced to choose between one or the other. 

1 hour ago, ResonantCard1 said:

Well all we know is that the Hind is happening this year, and that work on BS3 will continue this year.

It's still next year for ED and I'm pretty sure we will see the Hind and BS3 next year, while I very much doubt that the Apache will be ready next year.

Tornado3 small.jpg

On 12/31/2020 at 7:18 AM, ResonantCard1 said:

it's entirely possible that the BS3 and Apache releases are close together enough so that people will see themselves forced to choose between one or the other. 

The horror

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Well, we probably won't fly BS3
“Note: Due to the new Russian Federation's information gathering regulations on Russian military equipment, we had to reconsider our plans to add new systems to the Ka-50. We are continuing with the cockpit update as well as the highly detailed updated exterior model. ", Included in Official News 2021 https://forums.eagle.ru/topic/160227-dcs-newsletter-discussion-thread/page/114/

Il 30/12/2020 at 01:08, BIGNEWY ha scritto:

No, 

Mi-24 before apache. Again when we are ready to share more news we will.

since the newletter, that says: "Note: Due to new Russian Federation laws pertaining to the gathering of information of Russian military equipment, we have had to reconsider our plans to add new systems to the Ka-50. We continue to update the cockpit, as well as a highly detailed updated external model. "

is it right to understand that BS3 is not happening while, instead, the new cockpit and current system is going to be upgraded/maintained?

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

1 minuto fa, MTFDarkEagle ha scritto:

Curious as well...

Would be a crying shame....

No, I don't think so. If you asked me 2 months ago what I would prefer between the announcement of the apache and BS3... well, AH.64. Even if in mid 2022. I had fun with BS since 2008 except before the cockpit upgrades, cause it was not usable due to the bad light handling. So I'll be happy to wait, maybe having fun with Mi-24 and Kiowa in the meantime, and using a playable Ka-50 while preparing for the Apache.

Also... it seems they do not had a choice about BS3. We can't blame them.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

1 hour ago, chromium said:

is it right to understand that BS3 is not happening while, instead, the new cockpit and current system is going to be upgraded/maintained?

That's also my interpretation. Sounds like payware BS3 won't happen, but the free new (external) graphics update will still come.
Would be nice if any devs could clarify :smile:

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg