Rudder Input Help

I can fly the Mi-8 pretty well, however I find the rudder input is overly sensitive. It seems like if I push the left or right pedal forward just a cm the helicopter will violently yaw. Is this normal? Maybe the real helicopter has longer travel on the pedal and this is the issue. I recently convinced a friend to buy this module and he has the same issue.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

Definitely, not normal. You will notice a stronger/faster left yaw than right yaw, and that's because of torque, but it shouldn't be a violent turn. Set some curves in the yaw axis. From the ground, Increase the collective slowly and apply right pedal (not called rudder, that's just for airplanes) and right cyclic as you lift off the ground.

▀▄▀▄▀▄ DCS: Air Assault Operations ▄▀▄▀▄▀

Join the fight!

YouTube Channel

Do you have the heading channel activated on the autopilot panel? If so, it explains why there is such a sudden violent movement as the autopilot only has about 20% authority and anything above that, it switches off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo