How does Virpil Shipping Costs work (Aus)

Dangerzone

Howdie, 

Can anyone tell me what to expect with Virpil shipping?

I went to place an order yesterday but when I got to the payment section it said that a quote for shipping could not be calculated, but still wanted me to put in my credit card details and confirm the order.

Does the sale team contact the buyer with a quote for shipping to confirm first even though I place the order, or do they just decide how much it is and automatically deduct it from my c/card? (I'd like to know just what shipping will cost incase it's prohibitively expensive.  Seems living in Australia some people are happy for large parcels to be $50, and others want $250 for the same...

(I tried contacting sales team but haven't heard back from them - and was just wondering if this is abnormal, or if Australia is treated differently to other countries)?

Keen to put through an order but would like to know what to expect first...

Can't speak for Australia. I'm in the USA and I placed an order yesterday and I had multiple shipping options available.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

From memory it was part of the process in placing order. The only thing they did not cover was duties imposed in Oz. I did cop a bit of duty charges because it ended up over the $1000, Sorry may be able to tell you how much when I can get into hotmail. Hotmail seems to be problematic at present.

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

20 hours ago, Lucky said:

Can't speak for Australia. I'm in the USA and I placed an order yesterday and I had multiple shipping options available.

Thanks Lucky. Yeah - all I get is no quote available. Still haven't had an email back from them, so not sure what to do at the moment. I've got no problems with them confirming the shipping afterwards - as long as they confirm it and not process the order first.

18 hours ago, Mangrove Jack said:

From memory it was part of the process in placing order. The only thing they did not cover was duties imposed in Oz. I did cop a bit of duty charges because it ended up over the $1000, Sorry may be able to tell you how much when I can get into hotmail. Hotmail seems to be problematic at present.

Thanks Mangrove - I'd appreciate that when you get a chance. I'm not too worried about duty charge - it's the shipping that they give me no option on at the moment. This is all I get:

screenshot.jpg

Just checked - my order was July 2019 - and covered Throttle, Base and stick plus 3 extensions. So a bit of weight as well as volume. Freight was 82 euro. I imagine freight costs are higher now with world situation. From memory, I was aware of costs when placing order. I would not have do it blind to costs I'm sure.

I just did a test on order of a dust cover and it came back with freight costs straight away.

Edited by Mangrove Jack

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz 16GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060 6GB

15 hours ago, Mangrove Jack said:

I just did a test on order of a dust cover and it came back with freight costs straight away.

I ended up trying on a different computer and web browser and it seems to be working now. Could be that some browsers have issues with the freight? 

Either way, it was 49.95euro in freight.  Thanks for responding!