Presets on UHF radio with A10C Warthog II

I am trying to get a handle on the UHF radio.  When I put it in Preset mode, and choose a frequency, and then lift the cover and push the red button to save it, does the displayed frequency always stay on what I input?  For instance, in preset channel 1, I had 251.00.  I switched to preset Channel 2, and input 261.00, and clicked the red button to save it.  Of course, the display now shows 261.00.  However, when I switch back to preset channel 1, it still shows 261.00, not the 251.00 that should be channel 1.  The actual frequency is correct, Ithink, as I can talk to whoever is on 251.00, but my display still shows 261.00 on the actual radio.  When you switch preset channels, does that display on the radio not change with it?

Selecting preset mode and changing presets around on the UHF radio will not change the frequency displayed in the window on the radio itself.

Your currently selected channel or frequency on the radio will show on the UHF repeater in the front of the cockpit, though.

Hope that answers your question 👍

Edited by Kippy

The nice thing about the radios in the Hog is that you can have presets on all three radios and still have three manual frequencies to flop to at will so you could conceivably bounce among six sources fairly easily.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

• ED Team
16 hours ago, ggoodavish said:

but my display still shows 261.00 on the actual radio.  When you switch preset channels, does that display on the radio not change with it?

The window on the UHF control head only shows the current manual frequency, but if you want to re-call the frequency for the current preset, you can press and hold the STATUS button on the control head to check (circled in red). When you release it will go back to the manual frequency display.  I think you need to be in PRESET mode though.

A-10C UHF Radio Status button.jpg

Edited by Raptor9
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head